What's new

Bored

As long as your battery is up to it. Crack on.

Wicking ok etc??

What battery you running??

VTC4, Its wicking nice (cotton), Is it normal for the clapton to take longer to heat, I take it is as it has more surface area. On the micro coils I was making at .5 I was getting dry hits and burnt taste, with this so far I have had nothing but flavour.

VTC4, Its wicking nice (cotton), Is it normal for the clapton to take longer to heat, I take it is as it has more surface area. On the micro coils I was making at .5 I was getting dry hits and burnt taste, with this so far I have had nothing but flavour.

Indeed the ramp will take a little longer. I find 26g is better for this level of build. Dropping to 26 if poss will bring that ramp down.

You're on the way buddy,

Indeed the ramp will take a little longer. I find 26g is better for this level of build. Dropping to 26 if poss will bring that ramp down.

You're on the way buddy,

Thanks, Much better flavour, currently @ 45w, I just have to wait for my mech and RDA's to turn up now.

Had a really crap day today.

Took the kids into Manchester today to visit the football museum and the museum of science and industry, was in Manchester city center for about 7 hours, that was stressful enough but the whole time I was there my vape was awful, I do not know what was going on, it was spitting at me and I dont mean the odd bit of juice it was a lot, hot hot hot, tongue burning stuff, so much so I dreaded taking another vape.

Not only that the tank seemed to be leaking a little from the base, everything seemed tight so I have no idea what the issue was, and nearly bought 10 stinkies to get me through the day but didnt.

When I got home I swapped for a pre made coil and it seemed alot better.

Any one have any ideas to why I went through vape hell today?

:11: Well I just made my first clapton, it is hitting .5 and I have had it up to 50w, the max I can go on the k box.

With the amount of wire it is obviously taking longer to heat up? it is vaping well with nice flavour ect ect.

Now please excuse my naivety but is what I am doing safe?

.5 coil @ 50w 5v and 10A draw? is that correct? I believe my battery has a max of 25a maximum discharge, If I am wrong in what I am doing please tell me as I want to vape safe and am still trying o educate myself.

Your numbers are right there but what you're doing is a common mistake when it comes to regulated mods and Amp draw. Your numbers are right but what you worked out is the Amps flowing through your coil which on a regulated mod isn't the same as the current (Amps) being pulled from your battery.

You know your mod maxes out at 50W and your battery fully charged is 4.2V. Take your 50W divide it by the 4.2V gives you 11.9A being pulled from your battery regardless of what resistance your coil is.

Now it gets a bit more strange. The Current being drawn from your battery will start off lower when it's fully charged but as the battery drains the current being drawn from it to maintain the 50W raises.

Take it to the extreme. Most mods cut out with low voltage at around 3V. Now, again take your 50W but now divide it by 3V, this time you get 16.67A being drawn from your battery.

At the end of the day both your mod and your battery are fine with that build so you're golden there. Just thought I'd give your grey matter something else to mull over to help you get your head round it all in prep for your mech mod.

Took the kids into Manchester today to visit the football museum and the museum of science and industry, was in Manchester city center for about 7 hours, that was stressful enough but the whole time I was there my vape was awful, I do not know what was going on, it was spitting at me and I dont mean the odd bit of juice it was a lot, hot hot hot, tongue burning stuff, so much so I dreaded taking another vape.

Not only that the tank seemed to be leaking a little from the base, everything seemed tight so I have no idea what the issue was, and nearly bought 10 stinkies to get me through the day but didnt.

That's a right bummer and the reason you don't often catch me with less than two fully set up mods with me. As for the reason for it, could be many things. My guess at the minute would be not enough wick in the coil. If you haven't got good wick contact on the entire coil parts of it can become very hot, then any juice that makes it to that part of the coil get boiled and spat at you. The same thing could be leading to the leak. Have you got any pics of the build?

All signs do indeed point wick, or lack thereof. Does it 'sound' as if its still firing after you release the button?

Thanks for the input guys, I did not take a pic but will do another build later and will take pics, the pre made coil has been fine so far.

I ordered another mod yesterday even though the first has not turned up yet, i ordered a SMPL in brass.

Keep the subtank off the smpl chap - positive pin is normally flush on them. You need one with a decent bit sticking out, be tears if not.

Keep the subtank off the smpl chap - positive pin is normally flush on them. You need one with a decent bit sticking out, be tears if not.

Thanks for the tip, how about the velocity or derringer? if not what would you recommend.

Back
Top Bottom