What's new

Aliens, Hives, Parallels, Claptons and other sexual diseases.....

Soldier Blue

The Vaper that "Can't be aroused."
So, after boring the feck out of my 'Vape mate' I thought I'd post my recent email to him in the rare event that one of you chimps might actually find my ramblings remotely interesting. Below, is an exact replica of my email to him and hopefully you might find it at least half interesting. Cheers peeps......

So Chunters, just after Vapefest, I said you'd inspired me into playing around with Claptons a bit more and I'm pleased to say, I have concluded my experimenting...LOL.

So, first off I've been playing with parallel, hive, alien etc' as well as Claptons and in different mediums such as Kanthal, Ni and SS variants.

I have literally built a couple of hundred coils and probably as many hours to reach my conclusion and as you're the only fecker that's half interested in my ''Sad Geek Hobby'' (quote the leech), I thought I'd share my findings.

1. First off, out of all the metal types, I have once again come to the conclusion that SS316 is the best all round metal for me. It lasts forever, it's easy to work with and most importantly of all, it gives the cleanest taste, so for me it's SS316 all the way.

2. All the mega fancy coils are not worth bothering with. I get a tiny, tiny bit extra out of maybe an Alien coil but the feckin time building it just aint worth the hasstle, that coupled with the mega battery drain and vamp up time brings me to the conclusion that Claptons are the way to go, closely followed by Parallel coils.

So with that in mind, I set out to discover the best SS316 Clapton coil......

Now you're probably familiar with Steam Engine but I've been using 'www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp' to fine tune my builds - not many peeps are even aware it exists.

I then played around with various size combinations of core wire / wrap wire. This was the mega ball ache as I wasted feck loads of SS316 just trying out the multitude of combinations. In the end, I settled for a core wire of 24 gauge and a wrap of 32 gauge, which on a 3mm diameter (always my favourite as it balances flavour/ vapour perfectly), with 7 wraps, it comes out on a dual core at exactly 0.2 ohms - I found this in the Kennedy to not only be the perfect size but also the perfect all round combo for flavour, vapour and battery life. I gotta admit I did like a 22/32 mix with just 5 wraps but at 0.1 ohms it ate the battery on the efusion faster than the Octuplet core of the TFV8 so that was a no no.

After settling on this I then discovered that the 'Crazy Wire Company' sold the EXACT same pre-built wire I'd been building myself for less than a fiver for 5 metres of the feckin' stuff so I bought some and it was exactly what I'd been building but without the ball ache of building it.

So my conclusions.....

SS316 Clapton 24 / 32 mix purchased on a spool, wrapped at 3mm with 7 turns vaped at 70 watts using my ever faithful 'Creme Anglais' home mix is my new vaping Nirvana.

Sorry to blurt on but like I say Chunters, you're the only fecker that listens......LOL

P.S. I think I'll post this on POTV as I'm sure there are other 'like minded Geeks' that actually might find this of moderate interest.....LOL.

Jase.

Haha Jase, I came to pretty much the same conclusion playing around with different stuff
And now I'm back to a simple kanthal single coil 3mm 7 wraps and I doubt I'll ever change

Hiya buddy,

Yeah I was exactly the same as you - Kanthal 3mm and 7 wraps for years. The funny thing is, the longer you've been vaping, the more you realise that what you did in the early days was actually perfect to begin with....LOL

I already have a spool if sed wire and was planning on trying different 316l Clapton's but reading this post I think you have saved me time and money lol [emoji3]

I switched to LiPo cells about 2-3 years ago,then upped the cells to 8.4 volts and doubled the resistance(currently on 0.8+ dual coils kanthal)in both my squonker DIY box & Zenith clone.I also build the exact same coils for the Crius sat on the IPV3 so I can swap the Crius to the box mod if I'm rebuilding the Zenith.I am now so set in my vaping ways that if the 11 turn coils aren't 0.8-0.9 ohms,I get tetchy as feck as though I'm in withdrawal.After smoking roll-ups for 30 odd years,my vaping HAS to be the exact same resistance just like my roll-ups HAD to be made by me.Habit? Nah,just me being an extremely fussy old git :P

I've ordered some premade if I'm honest the time they last with the cost and 5m of the stuff it's a no brainer Awesome post

Hiya buddy,

Yeah I was exactly the same as you - Kanthal 3mm and 7 wraps for years. The funny thing is, the longer you've been vaping, the more you realise that what you did in the early days was actually perfect to begin with....LOL
^^this!

Back
Top Bottom