What's new

Airflow?

Diche

Veteran
I know you ideally need plenty of it, but there also seem to be some other little secrets like the position of the coil in relation to the airflow, something about how high up it is, could someone enlighten me please.

With airflow its good to experiment, it will alter with personal preference, device etc. But as a general rule you want to position the air holes right next to the coils so the air flow passes directly over the coils, with some atties, you want to position your coil above the air hole so the air passes over the coil on its way up through the drip tip. A low coil can sometimes sit below the air flow so not giving the best performance.

It sounds as though this is more about flavour than clouds, so I guess this is in the wrong section :oops:

I still feel that I am not really getting the most out of my coils, which is why I am trying to learn the cloudchasing stuff. I am due another play tomorrow so I will have a look at coil height. Thank you :)

It sounds as though this is more about flavour than clouds, so I guess this is in the wrong section :oops:

I still feel that I am not really getting the most out of my coils, which is why I am trying to learn the cloudchasing stuff. I am due another play tomorrow so I will have a look at coil height. Thank you :)

With cloud chasing you still essentially follow the same guidelines, you want as much air as you can get hitting the coil or preferably just below it to keep it nice and cool

Back
Top Bottom