What's new

would this work or would it blow my face off?

m0th

Postman
so i've been thinking about making a mod out of my old baccy tin. i've seen a single cell 6000mah 120c discharge lipo battery for about £12. i have the charger to charge it safely at 5 amps so it wouldn't take too long. i've been thinking about insulating the inside of my tin, mounting a 510 connector in the top with the positive plugging into the battery directly with a banana plug (really heavy gauge wire used for wiring 6 and 8 cell lipos into rc cars which use them at maximum discharge) and the negative going to a push button i've found which can handle 60 amps at 12v and 70 amps at 8v and then to the battery using a banana plug. if the battery decided to swell or vent then the top of the tin would pop off so that's venting taken care of. would this then work like a mech mod sort of thing as all the components are able to handle the load and the battery is more than capable of some super sub ohm builds. it would have immense battery life too.

i'd appreciate some input from anyone who knows about this sort of thing just in case i'm missing anything. the solder is the only possible weak point that i can see and even if it would get hot enough to melt it, i could use high temperature solder and a gas soldering iron to wire the 510 connector.

My only questions are,what switch(where you get it)? Where did you buy that battery(I want similar for a box mod,so made a pack from 4 x 1000 mah lipos)

As long as you don't make any really silly mistakes,I can't see any issues with it.Though,I am often wrong and someone way better qualified might come along and say "X is going to fail"

My only questions are,what switch(where you get it)? Where did you buy that battery(I want similar for a box mod,so made a pack from 4 x 1000 mah lipos)

As long as you don't make any really silly mistakes,I can't see any issues with it.Though,I am often wrong and someone way better qualified might come along and say "X is going to fail"

the battery is from hobbyking.com i misread the spec, it's 65c not 120c. burst discharge is 130c but i'll discount it. here's the link.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...EC_6000mah_1S_65_130C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack.html

the button was a starter button i've seen for a car, i think they use them for button starts in hot rods.
HD Push Button Start Switch 60 amp 27 28 30 31 33 35 37 38 39 41 55 Chevy b | eBay

You'll blow your head off. I've recently built an 8.4v mod but can't build a coil setup that is a reasonable vape. Its too much power in my opinion. Build it though and enjoy doing it but I'd suspect it won't be a pleasant vape, just good fun. Don't forget to show us pics and a video of you coughing up a lung. I did! :-)
8.4V 0.5ohm quad coil IGO-M6. Hot! Too hot!: http://youtu.be/AJRoVBWNr_g

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

m0th
Hahaha That's the same pack I'm using for one of my future builds.
Have a read of my thread a bit lower down the page regarding safety concerns.
Seedy
Luckily it's a 3.7 volt cell so it should be somewhat tamer than your beast! :eek:)

I saw it was 3.7 after I posted. You'll be fine with a high amp button and thick wires. The thicker the better. Consider using the tin instead of a negative wire as you'll probably get less voltage drop. Best of luck.

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

Sounds fun. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom