What's new

wooden box questions

I'd go for a nice bit of oak. Its dense enough to have it as thin as 4mm. I did a black walnut box and it was a lot lighter and quite brittle.

Why bother building one out of pieces? I think a better / easier idea is to use a block of wood and hollow it out, then cap it.

StuPot , hopefully by going the butcher block style it would give a lot more strength to the top of the mod, also I rather see long grain than end grain, it would then still get routed

I'd go for a nice bit of oak. Its dense enough to have it as thin as 4mm. I did a black walnut box and it was a lot lighter and quite brittle.

Seedy , its your avatar that made me really want to go for this, I'm hoping to take certain aspects of yours into mine, such as the wooden centre piece, although mine will be different shape, size, colour, basically nothing alike lol

@Seedy , its your avatar that made me really want to go for this, I'm hoping to take certain aspects of yours into mine, such as the wooden centre piece, although mine will be different shape, size, colour, basically nothing alike lol

Lol. I've always wanted to inspire someone so make something completely different ;)

Back
Top Bottom