What's new

Wick & coil

drstevo

Postman
Dear fellow vapers,

Just a quick question. In general, how many rebuilds is possible with 2mm wick per metre? I am rebuilding evod and protank wicks:)

id say around 30+ you will probably use about 3cm of the stuff for the wick. maybe even less , they are pretty small. have you actually opened an evod up ? a more accurate answer will lie there.

That's awesome guys! I got 20m of .20 kanthal for 2.90 and 1m of 2mm wick for 1.90! Bargain!

yes maybe a bargain but were did you get the silica as there is tons of crap going around and most users use recommended vendors just saying

yes maybe a bargain but were did you get the silica as there is tons of crap going around and most users use recommended vendors just saying

+1 for the above - I get mine from Stealthvape and I stole this off the website (I'm sure they won't mind as they are a quality outfit for all things rebuildable).

Our silica wick has the highest possible silica content at above 96.6% and is not to be confused with other wicks such as fibreglass, glass fibre or high temperature glass fibre that are often mis sold as silica wick.
Minimum of 96% silica content
Temperature resistant up to 1600c

If you're just learning to rebuild then starting out with the cheap stuff isn't a problem. You'll want to flame the silica with a blowtorch before you use it to get rid of impurities and manufacturing 'stuff' that might be on it (this cleans it up and also makes it go stiff which helps when coiling)

While you only need 2 cm of wick for the finished coil you'll probably want to start out with 5 or 6 cm of the stuff and about 10cm of wire to make it easier to hold/wrap etc so you'll get 10 coils ish out of 1m of wire and 15ish coils out of 1m of wick.

If you're using twisted silica it has a tendency to fray easily so cutting it a bit longer helps this - and I use the length I cut off as the flavour wick on top so as not to waste too much, you can reduce fraying by getting it damp.

Back
Top Bottom