What's new

Which fuse(s) for sx350 ?

avaokernow

Sorry for the question guys, spent most of last night hunting for the answer but lots of conflicting views.
Have ;
SX350 60W Chip From YiHiecigar

2x 35A Efest Purple 2500mAh Button Top 18650 3.7v Li-ion batteries +case | eBay

I'll be using them in parallel , so apart from switching the negative wire on the SX chip, I need to add fuses to help prevent reverse polarity between each battery . How many / which type and which wire to solder to ?

PTC Resettable Fuse AGEF900
or
PTC Resettable Fuse AGRF1000 .

Thanks for any pointers
All my best
John

Sorry for the question guys, spent most of last night hunting for the answer but lots of conflicting views.
Have ;
SX350 60W Chip From YiHiecigar

2x 35A Efest Purple 2500mAh Button Top 18650 3.7v Li-ion batteries +case | eBay

I'll be using them in parallel , so apart from switching the negative wire on the SX chip, I need to add fuses to help prevent reverse polarity between each battery . How many / which type and which wire to solder to ?

PTC Resettable Fuse AGEF900
or
PTC Resettable Fuse AGRF1000 .

Thanks for any pointers
All my best
John

Hi John

2 x PTC Resettable Fuse AGRF1000 would be good as your maximum draw will be aprox 19A, 2 of these in parallel will give a holding current of 20A. Although IMHO fuses with the SX are a bit overkill and will require quite a bit more space in your build, they are quite a decent size!
Fuses won't help with reverse polarity though!

Hope that helps

Thx Eddie
It's more to protect the batteries from shorting with each other if I put one of them in the holder the wrong way ( well not me, a mate who might borrow it) .
Cheers
John

Back
Top Bottom