What's new

where to buy new 50w sx330 chip "dna style"

You can upgrade the sx350 from the 35 watt firmware without removing the battery. I successfully upgraded mine a couple of days ago with the battery still soldered in place. It did take a few attempts of switching the device into "link" mode before the driver installed but after that it upgraded fine. My only issue is that my (1 day old) single 18650 vtc5 supplies adequate current to Vape at 50 watts until the batt voltage drops below around 3.9 volts. After that it won't regulate at 50 watts and the screen flicks between 50 and 10 watts (with a diagonal line flicking across the battery icon) while firing. I guess the vtc5 current output drops rapidly from 30 amps down, as it discharges. Time for a less pocket friendly dual 18650 mod :(

You can upgrade the sx350 from the 35 watt firmware without removing the battery. I successfully upgraded mine a couple of days ago with the battery still soldered in place. It did take a few attempts of switching the device into "link" mode before the driver installed but after that it upgraded fine. My only issue is that my (1 day old) single 18650 vtc5 supplies adequate current to Vape at 50 watts until the batt voltage drops below around 3.9 volts. After that it won't regulate at 50 watts and the screen flicks between 50 and 10 watts (with a diagonal line flicking across the battery icon) while firing. I guess the vtc5 current output drops rapidly from 30 amps down, as it discharges. Time for a less pocket friendly dual 18650 mod :(

Vtc5 should handle 50w with its 30amp max continuous discharge even when its drained down to 3.2 volts

P = 50
E = 3.2
I = 15.6
R = 0.2

Seems like there is software bugs in that latest update.

Vtc5 should handle 50w with its 30amp max continuous discharge even when its drained down to 3.2 volts

P = 50
E = 3.2
I = 15.6
R = 0.2

Seems like there is software bugs in that latest update.

My friend is convinced that its the (thin) tabs connecting the vtc5 battery, which are dropping the voltage/current under heavy loads (35watts=OK, 50watts=not). He going to replace the tabbed vtc5 with a pre-soldered one on tuesday. He found a guy who was experiencing the same issue (but at even higher battery voltages - 4.13v) the guy was originally using a cheap 18650 sled, the issue got resolved when he switched to a keystone...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom