What's new

VT200 Repurposed

tonystr

Postman
Bit of a pricey way to get a dna200 board, but win some you lose some. Ripped (gently removed) the board and installed in a Delfino box. I'm a bit short on work space or would have attempted my own woodwork.
Here it is.

The rhino is a fraction too deep so the door is not quite flush, nevermind.

VT200 shell complete lipo on classies if anyones interested:6:

beeky thought i'd tag u as you put me onto this. Thanks for the heads up:)

Attachments

• DSCN3890.jpg
    DSCN3890.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN3891.jpg
    DSCN3891.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN3892.jpg
    DSCN3892.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
looking good.

can you shave part of the door down so it sits flush

looking good.

can you shave part of the door down so it sits flush

Probably it's only a fraction of a mm but i dont want to spoil it. See what other lipos i can get to fit.

Lipo actually 1.5mm thicker than stated spec. I removed the outer wrap, underneath some of a pvc type card was overlapping, this was removed, i reinforced the side facing the board with foam tape and finished off with kapton tape. Now snug as a bug:D

Last edited:
tonystr that Sir, is a beautiful looking mod and a deserving home for the DNA200

Thanks, beeky it's boxy, but got a certain flair. It's big to hold and i've got big hands. For some reason there is a finger joint on the rear side, thought it just my bad luck, but looked on FB and they're all like that.

Now just need some tiny screws to hold the dna board in case it moves forward and autofires. It was easy to build, just needing to get the wires the right length and sorting out the lipo. I also gave it a light sand and finished it with swedish linseed oil to bring out the grain.

Quadro is back in stock 28 euro with 510 hole. Think he charged about 10euro for postage.

To order the hole for the 510. Specify the diameter you want eg 10mm, then if you want to mount the 510 flush the outer diameter of the 510 and the depth you want it. So i ordered 10x22x1 if that makes sense. Fitted an FDV v4 perfect. If anything the hole cud be a tiny bit closer to the front of the box as the lipo only just fits.

I forgot i used a rolled up piece of p1200 wet and dry to enlarge the holes a tiny bit for the up down vamo buttons

Back
Top Bottom