What's new

variable watage issue

flyinghigher

Initiate
hi all.

im using a vamo v2 board in a mod that ive made. i know all my connections are good and strong. my issue is this. every time i put the wattage above 8watts the board shuts down and im not able to restart the board for about 15 min no matter what i do.

im using an 18650 battery.

any ideas please

20140817_123757.jpg20140817_123810.jpg20140817_123836.jpg

Well I am no mod builder but I would have to ask what fucking battery are you using,other than it being an 18650?

I would ditch that to start with,also can you confirm the board was working fine prior to installing it? Was it yours or did you buy it secondhand?

what batteries are you recommending then? the board was brand new. and this is my very first build ever.

Same as @BaDaBooM mentions really which is why I said get shot of it to start with. I should have added earlier that it can really only be one of two things.A faulty board or a short of some kind doing it.And as a short should just give you an error message and not shut it down completely I would also agree it is pointing towards the chip itself being the problem.

Same as @BaDaBooM mentions really which is why I said get shot of it to start with. I should have added earlier that it can really only be one of two things.A faulty board or a short of some kind doing it.And as a short should just give you an error message and not shut it down completely I would also agree it is pointing towards the chip itself being the problem.
1 more thing to consider if your battery is a protected one possibility its the battery thats closing down not the board Did you try a different battery after it closed down? @flyinghigher

Last edited:
1 more thing to consider if your battery is a protected one possibility its the battery thats closing down not the board Did you try a different battery after it closed down? @flyinghigher

i think i may have sorted the issue. if i have it in N02 i can do wattage only if i use N01 i can do voltage only

Back
Top Bottom