What's new

Up/Down tactile switch board

I have an itch to create a new 3D compact MTL mod using an 18350 battery, I've got an old DNA60 board I want to recycle from a billet box which had the buttons removed which is fine as I wanted the adjustment buttons away from the board.

I was going to make a 2 button tactile switch board via 3D printing but by the time I've made a mounting for it I found it was taking up a lot of valuable space.

Ideally I need something like the Billet Box switch board which is tiny but I've not been able to find anything.

At a push I can make a DIY one using some standard circuit board.

Does anyone have a compact switch solution?

If you have any old remote controls, calculators etc you might find something you could repurpose or try Ebay?

I've made switches by glueing a membrane style switch to a bit of plastic. This one got me out of a bind with a Billet Box - think I made it out of the plastic that comes with a new phone

Or, you could just design a circuit - Osh Park will print it for you - it'll probably cost you about 70p for three, posted!

IMG_20201205_131205.jpg

I forget the part number, but these might do what you want. Tiny surface mount N/O switches. I have 8 of them I could send you if you want them, I can't see me using them again.

I only bought a strip of 10 because I needed 1 and the min quantity was 10.

Attachments

• IMAG0450.jpg
    IMAG0450.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
You could also get some of this style of switch - used to get used on loads of high-end mods. Still are on some. You only need to drill a hole in the case, little spot of epoxy. No support needed behind...
IMG_20201205_135756.jpg

I forget the part number, but these might do what you want. Tiny surface mount N/O switches. I have 8 of them I could send you if you want them, I can't see me using them again.

I only bought a strip of 10 because I needed 1 and the min quantity was 10.
I have tons of assorted micro switches to use, just limited in mounting methods, thank you for the offer though :)

Back
Top Bottom