What's new

"Rat mod" gets a paint job.

Ahh, that might just be it, didn't use a primer. Used an enamel paint that said it was good to use on metal.
Any tips on primers and paints for copper?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Sand it mate. Roughen the surface slightly before painting. You'll get a much better adherence to it then.

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Simoniz tough black!!!

Spray can...no primer needed, and lasts!

I think you have already had some good advice re-primer etc. Make sure you clean it thoroughly with some panel wipes or something similar before painting to remove all traces of grease and oil (immediately before painting and don't handle it with bare hands!).

Also a +1 for thick coat of lacquer. You can get satin and matt finish lacquer I cannot testify if they are any good but well worth a try. You could always give it a flat back with some wet'n'dry to lose the shine.
Remember lots of thin coats!

You can get some nice textured spray paints in B&Q suitable for metal. Again deff use a primer. B&Q had those in aerosol form as well last time I was in..

Ideally, a gentle rub down with 600 grit wet and dry (or finer) to key the surface, then an etch primer before your top coat. Don't use hammerite, its high in VOC and takes bloody weeks to dry properly (even the spray stuff)

Looks like I'm buying some wet and dry paper and primer this weekend, should have done it right the first time round lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom