What's new

Pre wired MOSFET

David Siddle

Initiate
Thinking of building my first mod, but not sure i trust my soldering skills. Found a site selling pre-wired components, including MOSFET's, a while ago, but now can't find it again. Any ideas? Thanks.

I would be interested to know as well. Also if anyone knows of a place to buy components in "kit" form that would be great as well. Especially for PWM boards.

I've found http://analogboxmods.ca/ but I don't like the enclosures that are included.

Thinking of building my first mod, but not sure i trust my soldering skills. Found a site selling pre-wired components, including MOSFET's, a while ago, but now can't find it again. Any ideas? Thanks.
You could a switchfet v2 they modmaker stock
It's meant to use the on board tactile switch but you can add thin wires to the solder tabs on the tac switch to use an external switch, though checking the correct legs with a multimeter is advised, that would give a pre wired n-fet with additional undervoltage (2.8v cutoff) to avoid over draining your batteries
Or you could mount it as it's intended and find a good button for the top making for a very easy build

I would be interested to know as well. Also if anyone knows of a place to buy components in "kit" form that would be great as well. Especially for PWM boards.

I've found http://analogboxmods.ca/ but I don't like the enclosures that are included.
I've not found many nice kits around but you can put together a full pwm using modmaker
I got the breakout board ( in the pcb section) and it lists all the needed components except the diodes and is a big job but simple and gives a great result
Cost about £10 plus an enclosure, 510 switch and sled
I think I did a step by step build here at some point

You could a switchfet v2 they modmaker stock
It's meant to use the on board tactile switch but you can add thin wires to the solder tabs on the tac switch to use an external switch, though checking the correct legs with a multimeter is advised, that would give a pre wired n-fet with additional undervoltage (2.8v cutoff) to avoid over draining your batteries
Or you could mount it as it's intended and find a good button for the top making for a very easy build[/QUOTE
Thanks, great advice ; think I've found what I'm looking for at diyboxmodsupply.com, MOSFET fitted with 15k resistor and leads. My concern was with damaging the component during soldering.

Hmmm solid copper wire on those mosfets personally I always use braided silicon wire from stealthvape or modmaker

Solid copper tends to fracture at the joint and if it's bent to much it's not as good as braided hence why the above suppliers don't sell it

It's all subjective I would buy some wire a mosfet or a like and practice soldering IMO

Just had a look at the switchfet v2. I may be wrong here, but wouldn't i have the same issue as with a normal n-channel MOSFET? As i say, i'm new to this, but i've been led to believe that they are susceptible to heat damage from poor soldering technique. Would some form of heat-sink help, maybe a crocodile clip or similar, do you think?

Just had a look at the switchfet v2. I may be wrong here, but wouldn't i have the same issue as with a normal n-channel MOSFET? As i say, i'm new to this, but i've been led to believe that they are susceptible to heat damage from poor soldering technique. Would some form of heat-sink help, maybe a crocodile clip or similar, do you think?
I'm sure @mosfetius could help you there, it's his baby [emoji4]

Managed to find what i was looking for again, though they are currently out of stock of pre-wired MOSFETs: www.diyboxmodsupply.com Hope they have what you need too.

Back
Top Bottom