What's new

polishing you squid double barrel

This is interesting. But the conclusion, just so I’m clear, is that it’s cheap shite?

This is interesting. But the conclusion, just so I’m clear, is that it’s cheap shite?

hmmmm eeeerrrr weeeellll

yep you're right

its a real let down my feeling is these are cast, pre-polished then plated and sprayed with nasty lacquer the reason is the expense of machining stainless

if I compare this to a stainless mod a tube one say, you can see the difference although polished stainless and polished nickel the colour difference is very slight

it's a real shame

That’s interesting. It’s funny how a hyped up, cool image American brand gets away with that and still charging a fair bit, yet if it was smok etc they’d be getting lambasted. Without even mentioning the battery door scandal. And there are still people saying they want to get one! :D

the copper you can see at the bottom of the picture

in regards to the rasp the layer of nickle is thick if it was over stainless which would be odd the rasp would just bounce off it

you need to "rasp like a demon darling" but this would knacker your mod

we need a donated, buggered squid to look at....... anyone.....anyone........ we need answers!!!

edit Alfie is willing to give a biscuit and a lick to the first ape who will donate.....
Thank you - it was hard to judge where to look and what was a reflection. I see it now. So I go back in with that rasp .......... :D

Interesting really ........ considering its purpose. If they'd done a copper version I'd have bought it! :D

Ok the acid test

image.jpg

Well it’s not brass

Let’s weigh it

image.jpg

Ok so compare it to a stainless mod a numchuca thing

image.jpg

Neither are magnetic but the weight of the mod is odd for a twin tube the thickness of the barrel is the same as the tube one

So conclusion

Jury is still out

The only way I can tell it quite literally cut it up and get it tested

But all this intrigues me to sell a mod with such a big build up with some serious and I mean really serious faults is disturbing

Ok the acid test

View attachment 176115

Well it’s not brass

Let’s weigh it

View attachment 176116

Ok so compare it to a stainless mod a numchuca thing

View attachment 176117

Neither are magnetic but the weight of the mod is odd for a twin tube the thickness of the barrel is the same as the tube one

So conclusion

Jury is still out

The only way I can tell it quite literally cut it up and get it tested

But all this intrigues me to sell a mod with such a big build up with some serious and I mean really serious faults is disturbing
Yep .... that's pretty much what I did to the inside of mine ......... :D

I got white metal too. You got your DB earlier ........ so I was wondering if yours might be different but it looks the same to me. Thank you! :10:

Back
Top Bottom