What's new

polishing you squid double barrel

Here’s a thing

So after a re polish ive noticed the squid is either a brass tube or a copper tube I think the tube is in fact a brass tube then plated in copper then plated in a heavy nickle plate then sprayed champagne

This explains a lot stainless is a sod to mill as it’s so hard but polished stainless is very durable but brass is not

So in fact all that glitters is not gold if I was to saw this squid in half I would see what metal it actually is

Have a gander at the picture it’s very slight

I could get the squid de plated using various nickle eating acids or alike but the result would be very hard to polish up

image.jpg

As a foot note I fancied a new door from squid in the USA the shipping is for $7 door wait wait

$42 dollars work that out

Here’s a thing

So after a re polish ive noticed the squid is either a brass tube or a copper tube I think the tube is in fact a brass tube then plated in copper then plated in a heavy nickle plate then sprayed champagne

This explains a lot stainless is a sod to mill as it’s so hard but polished stainless is very durable but brass is not

So in fact all that glitters is not gold if I was to saw this squid in half I would see what metal it actually is

Have a gander at the picture it’s very slight

I could get the squid de plated using various nickle eating acids or alike but the result would be very hard to polish up

View attachment 176066

As a foot note I fancied a new door from squid in the USA the shipping is for $7 door wait wait

$42 dollars work that out
I wondered the same after noticing the battery door ...... but I've taken a rasp to the inside of my DB and all I'm coming up with is white metal? All I can see is white metal on the dent where they fucked up the bottom of my mod too ..... mebbe I need to go deeper?

Hard to see the pic TBH. Thanks though. :2thumbsup:

I also tried a magnet ....... inconclusive, as the battery door has other metals and magnets in it so I couldn't get a clear spot for comparison.

Nickle can and is a hard bugger but underneath it is copper the tube could be anything I think it’s cast I can’t tell

But I could plate this in gold....

I wondered the same after noticing the battery door ...... but I've taken a rasp to the inside of my DB and all I'm coming up with is white metal? All I can see is white metal on the dent where they fucked up the bottom of my mod too ..... mebbe I need to go deeper?

Hard to see the pic TBH. Thanks though. :2thumbsup:

the copper you can see at the bottom of the picture

in regards to the rasp the layer of nickle is thick if it was over stainless which would be odd the rasp would just bounce off it

you need to "rasp like a demon darling" but this would knacker your mod

we need a donated, buggered squid to look at....... anyone.....anyone........ we need answers!!!

edit Alfie is willing to give a biscuit and a lick to the first ape who will donate.....

Back
Top Bottom