What's new

Newbie moder

the simplest is a semi mech for full mech box mod but you need to get with any mod the right cables, atty and use a Mosfet plus brush up on your soldering the dna boards have to be soldered right first time really its very easy to fry the board with the soldering iron

the simplest is a semi mech for full mech box mod but you need to get with any mod the right cables, atty and use a Mosfet plus brush up on your soldering the dna boards have to be soldered right first time really its very easy to fry the board with the soldering iron
I’d be happy to build a mech box either series or parallel just not found a site that sells the bits to make one. Can you recommend one?

Each supplier sells different parts I use a lot of different people but you end up making a lot of parts yourself

If you want to venture into the world of mod making it can be very frustrating but rewarding also

If this is a one off mod then modmaker.co.uk or stealthvape.co.uk are the best places to start

Good luck my best advice is start small and take it steady know your abilities and stay safe don’t cut corners with ohms law or battery safety

Each supplier sells different parts I use a lot of different people but you end up making a lot of parts yourself

If you want to venture into the world of mod making it can be very frustrating but rewarding also

If this is a one off mod then modmaker.co.uk or stealthvape.co.uk are the best places to start

Good luck my best advice is start small and take it steady know your abilities and stay safe don’t cut corners with ohms law or battery safety
Going to go to mod maker now and take a look at some diagrams and see what I think I’m capable of. I haven’t soldered for a good few years so think I need to get the iron out and have a practice. Think I’ve still got some old blank circuit boards and led’s about somewhere to get bk into it.
Money is a bit tight this time of year so it’ll probably be a long term project and I’ll buy a few bits every month. But I’ll keep posting my progress. Thanks for the input and advice

For what got want a basic mosfet box would be a good start

As already said modmaker has all the bits and your easiest choices enclosure wise are the gboy+ or if you feel the extra room will help the wideboy100 offers plenty

I would say the Mosmax sled via stealthvape is my favourite battery tray for this type of box, but the keystones that modmaker stock are also nice though a bit wider and you should bend the contact tabs in a bit to avoid wrap damage

With mosfet box you can use a nice small switch and put a slide switch in line with the switch as a master on off - N-channel mosfets are the preferred type as they handle higher current better for size

Soldering is something you want to practice as a bad connection at the 510 will be noticeable and too long on the switch will kill it

All you need now are a few simple tools a bit of time and patients. by the way this is how to spell MODDER
@crustyfolker and this is how you spell PATIENCE in that context:)
Happy New Year mate

Back
Top Bottom