What's new

Mod, Semi mod etc ?

Semi mech means it has a chipset that will prevent accidents that a Mech mod could encounter. so a mech with safety.
Mech mod is basically power from the actual battery straight to atomizer, there are a few forms which i will speak about in a moment. Mech mods can be dangerous if the user isn't up to scratch with ohm's law, which is a must to prevent bad accidents.
Series mech, this is when the batteries use the ampage of both batteries together so if you will way more powerful and you need to keep builds above 0.4-0.5 or you will be pulling to much power from the batteries which can damage them or at worst create a problem like a fire or explosion.
Parallel mech is duel batteries again but the power is the same as a single battery but you got 2 batteries which means you can build slightly lower than a single battery Mech but you get twice the runtime nearly. Being new to vaping and having no knowledge of mechs my advice is dont try and run before you can walk. Get your head round ohm's law, learn how batteries work ie more amps less runtime more runtime less amps. Amps matter more in mechs than runtime, for safety reasons.
Stacked mod is similar to a series mod except the batteries in a series mod are side by side one battery up one battery down this means the power from battery one is pulled through battery 2. A stacked mech is a mech mod tube with an extra tube to fit a second battery using a contact in between the minus of one battery and the positive of the other. Again this creates a series mech so more power.
Batteries. Depends on how low a build you want to go. Most 18650's will require 25 amp batteries a 0.2ohm coil or build. 18350 10.5 amps 0.4ohms and above. 21700 you can get down as far as 0.12 with a 35amp rated battery.
Coil builds example single coil 0.8 becomes a 0.4ohm duel coil build .
One thing with mechs nowadays is they cannot put out as much power as a 200w mod. even 35 amp batteries only create 147watts.

Last edited:
Are small pod systems 'semi-mech' then ... no variable wattage, no regulated power, some basic protections, vaping off the battery voltage?

Oh now Simon, stop! Ha Ha!
I've made a dual semi regulated mech pod, from some copper tube, a 12v car battery, and an old asthma pump.

Be in vape shops near you soon!

:D

It's true though, it's defo not regulated power because it gets weaker as the battery drains. It's semi mech mate. ;)

The war & peace of vaping!! Lol.
Well put.
I was gonna suggest a Hammer of God, but maybe not!!!

Hammer of God ay, i consider myself a knowledgeable vaper, i have a H.O.G clone but have never had a look at how and what to do as its a quad battery box. Plus i can't be arsed to but 4 new batteries just for a mod yet. I am trying to worm out my batteries that are on their way out and then use the newer sets in rotation then i will get some new batteries, noticed the 30Q and 25r has gone up a lot on fogstar though. 30q's have been my goto for a few years especially with all my DNA chipped mods, i will be selling a couple of my DNA's soon to make room for incoming ones, should get my Thelema sometime in the next few days so a couple of my duplicates will be sold on, If i can get pics to upload onto my laptop, not been able to do so for a few months now.

Hammer of God ay, i consider myself a knowledgeable vaper, i have a H.O.G clone but have never had a look at how and what to do as its a quad battery box. Plus i can't be arsed to but 4 new batteries just for a mod yet. I am trying to worm out my batteries that are on their way out and then use the newer sets in rotation then i will get some new batteries, noticed the 30Q and 25r has gone up a lot on fogstar though. 30q's have been my goto for a few years especially with all my DNA chipped mods, i will be selling a couple of my DNA's soon to make room for incoming ones, should get my Thelema sometime in the next few days so a couple of my duplicates will be sold on, If i can get pics to upload onto my laptop, not been able to do so for a few months now.
Thelema Nice

Last edited:
I've got a few nice bits, not Vicious Ant money or Suicide mods, but a few nice bits & bobs.
I love my paranormal 250, I have 3 SX Mini mods, Kennedy mechs, love the QP design tanks etc.
However, bought a Drag 3 kit today, for when I go out on my daily 6 mile walks. It's a great little set up, especially for 33 quid tbh.

Oh well, we all have our quirks when it comes to vaping. I think I just buy some stuff as I like the look of it, regardless if I really need it or not!
Cost me a fortune since joing POTV/QUOTE]

Ask yourself this. Have you spent more on vaping than you would have smoked during the time you have vaped. If the answer is yes then just slow down a bit. If No then you are Money up. i often smirk if a vaper says "i can't afford a DNA chipped mod" the truth is they are tight fisted sods. Lets say you smoke 20 B&H a day thats £84 a week save 2 weeks money you got the money for a DNA device plus a decent RTA to go with it. I am not going to mention my collection to much but lets just say over 6 years i have probably saved 72x100 so 7 grand. Truth is i must have spent half of that on vapegear. I think some mods are silly money like vicious ant stuff, £400 on a mod that has the same chip as a nice £120 mod .Makes it a no go area as no way would i feel comfortable spending that on a mod.
It was the overseas vendors. The bargain basement has caused a fair few quid to get spent over the years as well. But i sit here and think i now have something to show for my money, money that would have gone in the bin via an ashtray. One piece of kit that you must buy if you don't own one and that's an Advken Manta RTA, still number 1 for me on a par with the Fatality, sometimes better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask yourself this. Have you spent more on vaping than you would have smoked during the time you have vaped. If the answer is yes then just slow down a bit. If No then you are Money up. i often smirk if a vaper says "i can't afford a DNA chipped mod" the truth is they are tight fisted sods. Lets say you smoke 20 B&H a day thats £84 a week save 2 weeks money you got the money for a DNA device plus a decent RTA to go with it. I am not going to mention my collection to much but lets just say over 6 years i have probably saved 72x100 so 7 grand. Truth is i must have spent half of that on vapegear. I think some mods are silly money like vicious ant stuff, £400 on a mod that has the same chip as a nice £120 mod .Makes it a no go area as no way would i feel comfortable spending that on a mod.
It wasn't so much the classies that where at fault for my shinyitus, but the overseas vendors. The bargain basement has caused a fair few quid to get spent over the years as well. But i sit here and think i now have something to show for my money, money that would have gone in the bin via an ashtray. One piece of kit that you must buy if you don't own one and that's an Advken Manta RTA, still number 1 for me on a par with the Fatality, sometimes better.
Yeah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom