What's new

It's alive mwhahaha - new Yihi project time

After @Martvb60 kindly donated me a Yihi 485j board last year I've finally got my ass into gear and started the project, originally I was going to do another squonk mod but I fancy a smaller mod as my last effort looked like a brick.

Still faffing in CAD for the body design so it looks a bit too brick-like at the mo but I'll get there.

I am tempted to try a battery tube but not sure if a 3D print will grip it firmly enough, has anyone built one?

Yihi SX485j Mod 21700 v9.png

Yihi-3D-1.jpg

Yihi-3D-2.jpg

Can't offer any help, but certainly watching with interest.

Floundering a bit with the body, I really don't like the wide body boxy direction it's going so I might try taller and narrower, I was hoping to shove a 21700 battery in it to make the most of the 100 watt chipset.

Kinda enjoying the challenge though, maybe a Side-by-Side mod next :)

How about a tube mod Simon? Might be an idea to get away from the boxy look :2thumbsup:
The thickness of the board and the battery sled is the main problem trying to go tubular, a mech would be easier but I really wanted to use this YiHi board.

Evolving towards this if I can wire it and do a battery sled & door.

Yihi SX485j Mod 21700-BOX v1.png

If it is a tubular mod do you need a sled, would it not be a tube to take the battery with a screen just above and the 510 on top? Probably being far too simplistic, but just asking. :2thumbsup:

If it is a tubular mod do you need a sled, would it not be a tube to take the battery with a screen just above and the 510 on top? Probably being far too simplistic, but just asking. :2thumbsup:

Ask away, I need all the help I can get! The board/screen can only be side mounted due to its size then you have to allow for access to the wiring, using a tube inside would reduce the size but it could never be true tubular (unless I make it huge!), the practicality of 3D printing limits my options quite a bit, especially making it durable and easy to change the battery.

Stealthvape tube would be a good fit & keep the height down.

Deffo going to use their newer version for a Side-by-Side mech, the battery height difference isn't that much, it's clearing the 510 connection that all adds up, far easier on a squonk mod as the bottle gives you natural clearance.

Back
Top Bottom