What's new

How to disassemble epetite?

This kind of lacquer? did you forget to add a link?

I've had good results with enamel paint and 'plasticote' of various types. (on metal)

.. or you could spray it with metallic silver smooth hammerite, that's tough as old boots and would look pretty nice imo.

I get a little amazon thingy in my post.

It was something called rust-oleum that comes up when I search for metal lacquer. No idea if it is the right kind of thing or not tbh.

I just want a shiny shiny SS type finish if possible. :)

Was planning to sand it with very fine alm ox paper to try and get a nice finish.

upload_2021-4-16_14-29-17.png

I've never used it before... but I've heard Americans mention it on youtube, I think it's basically like hammerite from what I can tell.

I'm sure it will work fine, you'll have to go a great job on the frame before hand though as my 'silver' one has a kind of brushed look (under the clear coat) and alloy is pretty hard to polish to a mirror finish. Also worth noting that the underside of mine has worn to reveal something that looks not that great (it's kind of a brassy shitty pot metal look under the brushed silver coating) .. worth a go though, if it doesn't polish up nice you can always paint it.

Yeah fuck it I could paint it black again at a push. Even if I did a really shit job it couldn't look any worse than it does atm tbh.

Just need to try and get the electronics and buttons out.

if you wanted it black again (or any other colour for that matter) you could drop it into a powder coaters, I got a scooter part powder coated satin black and it only cost £20 (and it was a much bigger part) that was 6 or 7 years ago and it still looks as good as the day I got it back. It's a super tough coating.

Not a bad idea I pass one on the way to work I think, I could always ask them.

Not a bad idea I pass one on the way to work I think, I could always ask them.

yeah drop in and make friends. :)

If they are doing a large run of black stuff or whatever they might just do it for a drink if you are lucky.

Watching , as I might end up doing the same to my epetite

@MHL That was the plan when I got it , going to sort making the doors 1'st , then think about the rest , as for painting metal , an etch primer makes it a lot easier , hydrodip is another route for the frame ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom