POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Help potentiometer replacement

Discussion in 'All Things Mod Making' started by UncleJah, Nov 12, 2017.

1. UncleJah

UncleJah New Member

Hi guys and girls I'm currently working on a little diy project. I have an old Tesla invader 3 I'm gutting and building a new enclosure for. While I'm at it I'd like to replace the potentiometer as it's cosmetics are damaged through use by previous owner. However I'm a little confused about which pot to buy due to the different specifications of each one. I'm not too fussed about size or it been different to original as it's going into a new enclosure anyway. If someone could point me in the right direction as to what exactly I need to do this it would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find the information anywhere online.

2. EmbraSewerRat

EmbraSewerRat Achiever

3. jock1092

jock1092 Achiever

Got any pics of the pot on it?

I find that most have a model number thats corresponding to its value, common ones to find are 200,1k and 10k for vaping mods but others range much higher

You can also check with a multimeter across the posts of the pot for the value

4. UncleJah

UncleJah New Member

I have tried several times to contact them about this with no reply unfortunately

5. UncleJah

UncleJah New Member

Haven't yet stripped it down. I'm afraid of loosing parts before I'm ready haha. I will have a look this evening though. Will the chip not treat it the same no matter what the resistance

6. UncleJah

UncleJah New Member

Great success it's a 1k resistance that KS for input guys now to try and find another ☺

Attached Files:

7. jock1092

jock1092 Achiever

Mod maker have them, and if your re boxing it I'd grab one of thier 510s aswell they are great

8. domejunky

domejunky Achiever

If I was contemplating the same bit of DIY, I'd probably spring for a Big Al PWM or OKR/OKL/Raptor - for £12-15, it would save the worry of breaking the Tesla board in the move...