What's new

Floris Mini Orca

Chris K

Vendor
Evening Apes,

So I'm going to give making my own mod ago, done the research and think I'm ready... Think...

Just wondering if a kind ape could double check my thinking?

Going to use a Floris Black Mini Orca enclosure, but going to get them to drill out the 510 hole. https://boxmod.ecwid.com/MECH-Black-Little-Orca-p74341734

Wanting to use a MM510 Squonkers Connector. http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM510-Squonker-Connector

Now, if I've read it all correctly, if I want the 510 flush I'll need to ask for D16x0.5+12mm 510 hole drilled in order to fit the MM510 correctly? Little filing down doesn't worry me, but drilling out a hole would.

The internals don't worry me at all as that seems fairly simple (going for copper) and if I do mess up it's an easy/cheap fix, only thing that worries me is the 510 hole...

Thanks all.

Last edited:
yep 0.5 mm down 16mm wide as long as they cut flat and the hole is 12mm wide for the thread and central

make your own

do it

"dont be tempted by the dark side luke"

yep 0.5 mm down 16mm wide as long as they cut flat and the hole is 12mm wide for the thread and central

make your own

do it

"dont be tempted by the dark side luke"

Many thanks!

I thought so but happy now a more experienced eye has had a look over it.

Looks like I'm making a mod.... Wish me luck...

jewzbxJ.gif

sorry couldn't resist

Im after building an orca too but i was lloking at silver sheet for contacts. My questions...
1. What thickness do you think i need? Is 0.5mm enough or is that the max that will fit?
2. How wide do i need the sheet? Does it make any difference to conductivigyif its wider?
Where else can i get buttons other than floris website?
Thx in advance and good luck with your box.

Im after building an orca too but i was lloking at silver sheet for contacts. My questions...
1. What thickness do you think i need? Is 0.5mm enough or is that the max that will fit?
2. How wide do i need the sheet? Does it make any difference to conductivigyif its wider?
Where else can i get buttons other than floris website?
Thx in advance and good luck with your box.

I've managed to build mine and it's an absolute little beauty.

20171010_170127.jpg

Mine is 0.5mm Copper, but in all honesty, I will be rebuilding in silver at some point and I'll be looking for 0.3mm or 0.4mm.

The 0.5mm is slightly too thick, it shredded two battery wraps before I filed down the contacts slightly. I did put small dimple into the negative but wouldn't fire without.

1.6cm width is what these are and fit perfectly. I wouldn't risk anything wider or narrower. You really don't get much room to play with!

I think @Huggett has a range of great buttons available. I'm using one of his clear buttons and it's perfect.

Your Orcas hole was modified for that button buddy :P

In that case, @jida , modify the Floris, the button is perfect for this box!

Cheers bud, didn't realise but glad you did! Just thought the 510 had been drilled for the MM.

Messaged Rob earlier, says to send the Floris up to him and will see which doors he has that fit.

In that case, @jida , modify the Floris, the button is perfect for this box!

Cheers bud, didn't realise but glad you did! Just thought the 510 had been drilled for the MM.

Messaged Rob earlier, says to send the Floris up to him and will see which doors he has that fit.

OG Floris Button I thought if I struggle to use it due to my thumb size, so would you [emoji23]

12mm Button FTW

Back
Top Bottom