What's new

Flashlight driver board for mechanical mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael parker

Initiate
Has anyone tried using a multi-mode flashlight driver board in their mechanical mods, and if so is there any reason it won't work as I'm looking to adapt my Nemesis mod for adjustable voltage.

The driver input/output voltages are reasonable and within the correct working window but I think you will struggle with output amperage. They are usually quite limited in that regard. Whats the output amperage of the driver you have?

How the driver functions as well might be problematic. It would make for an interesting vape if it knocks itself in strobe while your vaping it [emoji6].

Last edited:
The driver input/output voltages are reasonable and within the correct working window but I think you will struggle with output amperage. They are usually quite limited in that regard. Whats the output amperage of the driver you have?

How the driver functions as well might be problematic. It would make for an interesting vape if it knocks itself in strobe while your vaping it [emoji6].
It's 10W or 2800ma at 3.7V.

It's 10W or 2800ma at 3.7V.

That's quite a powerful little driver, the ones I was looking at were between 300mA and 1A. For a 1.3 ohm build with the figures you quoted you could achieve 10w depending on what your running it on and losses (voltage drop/atty resistance)). I would struggle to get a satisfying vape at 10w on a 1.3ohm coil but if that floats your boat, give it a go. There's no reason for it not to work in that sense, my only concern from there again would be the unique way that drivers work, the toggle selection might be a challenge when applied to this particular application.

It would likely work but you'll be struggling at a 10w maximum output, you'd be better of with a Kick module - or buying a new mod, most likely you'll be able to get a decent enough device for not much money, I think you're underestimating how much work this will be and how much heat a 10w led driver will generate under load, it's likely to burn itself out quite easily...

I've rebuilt and upgraded a few flashlights and heat from the driver really isn't an issue, plus being a flashlight they're designed to be under constant heavy current load.
Now I've never seen a Kick Module for comparison but I'm assuming it's just a constant current driver that prevents thermal runaway the same way LED drivers work.
I mean this will be my first vaping mod of any kind, but if an LED driver does work the compact size of the driver means there's a lot of novelty mods I could have some fun making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom