What's new

'Electronics for Dummies' (book)

I almost forgot what books were. ;I

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I find most of my info via Google,the hardest bit is trying to phrase the questions so I don't end up reading eBay postings selling the item :P

Thanks, that's useful info, although pcb design might be a couple of steps too far!
If I can work out how to solder a couple of additional switches onto a Vamo V5 pcb in order to mount them in a different location I'll be chuffed. 2 wires on additional switches and 4 legs on the switch mounted on the pcb.... Why can't they make it simple?
Anyhooo, the chips haven't even arrived yet so there's plenty of time for reading, googling and head scratching!
R

untitled_45.jpg

I soldered my outside pins for the controls and on right side on the firing button.

Thanks BaDaBooM
I think I understand what you're saying, but would you possibly have a of photo of the connections on the board / buttons?
If the mod is not at hand then please don't put yourself out! Once I have the parts I'm sure I'll be able to work it out from what you've said above. Those soldering points between the 2 buttons just looked far to tricky and this looks like a great work around!
Thanks again and keep up the great work on those AMAZING mods you've been making!
R

Do you have a multimeter? If so, set it to the 200 Ohm range and put the probes on the left two legs of the fire button, if it reads 0 when you press the button those are the switch connections and you can solder to anywhere on the tracks they connect directly to, just scrape off the varnish in a clear spot and solder the wire to that. Failing that you can carefully solder to the actual switch legs, you will only need fine wire for this as the switches are basically used as logic signals, they carry very little current (Closing the switch usually raises the input on a chip from 0v to +v) it does not supply the actual power to the atty unlike a mechanical mod...

Do you have a multimeter? If so, set it to the 200 Ohm range and put the probes on the left two legs of the fire button, if it reads 0 when you press the button those are the switch connections and you can solder to anywhere on the tracks they connect directly to, just scrape off the varnish in a clear spot and solder the wire to that. Failing that you can carefully solder to the actual switch legs, you will only need fine wire for this as the switches are basically used as logic signals, they carry very little current (Closing the switch usually raises the input on a chip from 0v to +v) it does not supply the actual power to the atty unlike a mechanical mod...

Thank you very much Tubbyengineer!
That's very useful information.
Obviously I'm just starting out on this mod making odyssey and a multimeter courtesy of Amazon is winging it's way towards me as we speak!
I just wish fasttech would be as quick as Amazon with my other mod making supplies!
R

BaDaBooM
I've got it fella!
So it's only 2 wires to the switches even though the switches have 4 legs soldered to the pcb.
Someone did mention this earlier but now it's all come together and I've learned something useful!
Hopefully others will learn from this too.
Thanks again!
R

Back
Top Bottom