What's new

DNA20 Cloned Board Box Mod

EthelKing

Veteran
This is actually my second attempt. My original DNA board parted company with its screen before I got it into the box(!) and I decided that the expense was way too much to keep repeating the process; however, I found a couple of cloned DNA20 boards, supplied with charging boards, and decided that it was worth another try.

If you have never build a mod, and fancy having a crack at a DNA, just bear in mind the boards are miniature, and the soldering points are like full-stops with about 1mm between them. HOWEVER, I managed to solder them (about 6 pairs of wires in all) with a bit of practice on some spare micro switches etc., so it is achievable!

The first mod I made took all day, and was a half decent attempt, but the charging board blew after a few days, so required a bit of modification to turn it into a removable battery version (with a hole in it where the charger board once poked out!), and as you can imagine, a "second" wasn't what I was after.

SO - I ordered a load more switches, a couple of boxes and some atty connectors, and decided that an external charging method would be preferable. This is the result:

View attachment 25746

It took about four hours in total yesterday evening, and charged beautifully (3400mah Panasonic NCR18650B tabbed and made into an insulated internal battery pack), and is vaping like a veritable choo-choo train! I am sure that time could be cut down dramatically using decent tools, but I made it with nothing less than a cordless drill, soldering iron, glue gun, wire of different gauges and heat shrink sleeve. I am pretty sure I could drive over it and it wouldn't be too bad!

Nice work mate

Lovely looking mod ,I know what you mean with the DNA board
being small and fragile,I have had one for while now and am sh**ing myself when I think about putting it in a mod.
Got the sx350 chip today and been working on a prototype box today after work.
where did you get the cloned DNA chips from,if you don't mind me asking

Here's the board:

VHna20 board

And bugger me bandy! They've added these since Thursday!

DIY Mod Pack
VHana Empty box

20% off the board when you buy the empty case! It'll save a lot of buggering about if you don't have the means to do the box, and its the 18650 version of the box.

PS - I am in no way affiliated with VapourHut.

Petebigmatch - a small amount of flux is your friend. ;)

Last edited:
Here's the board:

VHna20 board

And bugger me bandy! They've added these since Thursday!

DIY Mod Pack
VHana Empty box

20% off the board when you buy the empty case! It'll save a lot of buggering about if you don't have the means to do the box, and its the 18650 version of the box.

PS - I am in no way affiliated with VapourHut.

Petebigmatch - a small amount of flux is your friend. ;)

Nice build.

Seems a lot of work to assemble from the Vapourhut parts when you can pick them up ready done for £31

$52.00 HANA MODZ Pack DNA 20 Style Mod - 1*18650 / 7W-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Nice build.

Seems a lot of work to assemble from the Vapourhut parts when you can pick them up ready done for £31

$52.00 HANA MODZ Pack DNA 20 Style Mod - 1*18650 / 7W-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I agree 100% mate! It's a no-brainer. On the other hand, the mod pack looks like a bloody good deal. So much so, that I'll order one and review it. :2thumbsup:

Afterthought: This is the modding section of the forum - not the ready made/clone section - so no apologies for listing the box - it may come in useful for someone at some time.

Last edited:
This is actually my second attempt. My original DNA board parted company with its screen before I got it into the box(!) and I decided that the expense was way too much to keep repeating the process; however, I found a couple of cloned DNA20 boards, supplied with charging boards, and decided that it was worth another try.

If you have never build a mod, and fancy having a crack at a DNA, just bear in mind the boards are miniature, and the soldering points are like full-stops with about 1mm between them. HOWEVER, I managed to solder them (about 6 pairs of wires in all) with a bit of practice on some spare micro switches etc., so it is achievable!

The first mod I made took all day, and was a half decent attempt, but the charging board blew after a few days, so required a bit of modification to turn it into a removable battery version (with a hole in it where the charger board once poked out!), and as you can imagine, a "second" wasn't what I was after.

SO - I ordered a load more switches, a couple of boxes and some atty connectors, and decided that an external charging method would be preferable. This is the result:

View attachment 25746

It took about four hours in total yesterday evening, and charged beautifully (3400mah Panasonic NCR18650B tabbed and made into an insulated internal battery pack), and is vaping like a veritable choo-choo train! I am sure that time could be cut down dramatically using decent tools, but I made it with nothing less than a cordless drill, soldering iron, glue gun, wire of different gauges and heat shrink sleeve. I am pretty sure I could drive over it and it wouldn't be too bad!

*cough cough* how much would one of these be already assembled?! :D

Your VV tin mod is a piece of art and very well assembled, and whilst I cannot fault the hana clone, the build is a little suspect. :)

*cough cough* how much would one of these be already assembled?! :D

Your VV tin mod is a piece of art and very well assembled, and whilst I cannot fault the hana clone, the build is a little suspect. :)

Standby for incoming PM brother! ;)

Hmmmm .... tempting

Might have to breakout the soldering iron for this.

Whats the vape like with the clone board ?

EDIT .... how is the 510 connector, chromed brass or SS ?

Last edited:
Whats the vape like with the clone board ?

No complaints from me mate. This is the second one I've made. The first is performing brilliantly too. My original genuine DNA board never made it into a case, so I have no idea how that performed, which is a shame. :( It would be handy to compare. Now I'm happy with soldering the board, I might buy an original and see. :D

Back
Top Bottom