What's new

Calling Mod Makers

sparkyjuice forgot to say you can use plastic chopping boards as a cheap milling plastic, they are usually made out of High-density polyethylene (HDPE). Not the really light ones that weigh nothing. You probably already knew this. Its expense to buy nylon, delrin, PTFE and HDPE sheets

sparkyjuice forgot to say you can use plastic chopping boards as a cheap milling plastic, they are usually made out of High-density polyethylene (HDPE). Not the really light ones that weigh nothing. You probably already knew this. Its expense to buy nylon, delrin, PTFE and HDPE sheets

Cheers for that
All my materials so far are...ahem...recycled!

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Extruded aluminium, I believe.
Would save a lot of time on the milling machine. ;)

Yeah it would. I was thinking what is "Extruded", my technical/mechanical english is pretty poor after living in Sweden for 22 years. In Sweden its called "profiles".

this looks very similar to what im after. something in the style /size of mvp/hanna mod. small in the hand without being vaporshark tiny. i like the descrete buttons all placed on the side rather than the top firing.
usb port on the side also good as means can stand it upright when charging.

do like the all metal finish on these and would look great with a nice powder coat finish too.
my prefered choice would be lipo batteries for a self contained unit if i wanted a mini version though for the larger version a removable 18650 battery would be fine.
im not a fan of "ugly screws" showing hence why i like how the mvp is designed with the top and bottom placed hex screws . leaving clean lines on the main body of the device.
the big question is what would it cost to have one of these built.
Obviously not the same as the above
i would prefer mine to have the following

flush panels with no visible screws .
finished in a deep red /black design
much like this
ls_blood_red_spark-black_burst.gif

running top to bottom on that colour so the black go along the edges.

small descrete silver fire button and then the same with the up down buttons next to the screen which would be side mounted.
recessed 510 thread with air hole channels ( like on the hana mod ).
top plate and bottom plates left in brushed metal finish ( again like the MVP style ).
USB port on the side below the screen/up down buttons.

i would try and do a render but im a photographer not an artist lol so it would look like summat a kid makes in paint!

hopefully you get the idea.

IF at all possible the device would actually be made of a solid piece and the top and bottom sections ( again like MVP are removable rather than the back of the device ( or the back od device is flush fitted without screws.)

so
1. is that possible
2. at what cost?

this looks very similar to what im after. something in the style /size of mvp/hanna mod. small in the hand without being vaporshark tiny. i like the descrete buttons all placed on the side rather than the top firing.
usb port on the side also good as means can stand it upright when charging.

do like the all metal finish on these and would look great with a nice powder coat finish too.
my prefered choice would be lipo batteries for a self contained unit if i wanted a mini version though for the larger version a removable 18650 battery would be fine.
im not a fan of "ugly screws" showing hence why i like how the mvp is designed with the top and bottom placed hex screws . leaving clean lines on the main body of the device.
the big question is what would it cost to have one of these built.
Obviously not the same as the above
i would prefer mine to have the following

flush panels with no visible screws .
finished in a deep red /black design
much like this
ls_blood_red_spark-black_burst.gif

running top to bottom on that colour so the black go along the edges.

small descrete silver fire button and then the same with the up down buttons next to the screen which would be side mounted.
recessed 510 thread with air hole channels ( like on the hana mod ).
top plate and bottom plates left in brushed metal finish ( again like the MVP style ).
USB port on the side below the screen/up down buttons.

i would try and do a render but im a photographer not an artist lol so it would look like summat a kid makes in paint!

hopefully you get the idea.

IF at all possible the device would actually be made of a solid piece and the top and bottom sections ( again like MVP are removable rather than the back of the device ( or the back od device is flush fitted without screws.)

so
1. is that possible
2. at what cost?

You could get it couple of smaller maybe with the right lipo. I can tell you now this thing is tiny almost vapor shark tiny. Vapor Shark is 35mmx75mmx20mm, this mod is 38mmx75mmx22mm.

The mod you are looking would be really hard to make because you would have to do most the wiring outside the box and then try to stick it all back into the box. To do that mod is going to be expensive I don't think it could be machined out, maybe with a cnc, the inner profile is quite complex. The mvp's body is pushed or drawn through a die or is cast. The 2 tone powder coat paint job is going to be silly money for a mod. The inners to hold all the electronics in-place would have to 3d printed.

How much would a one off custom dna30/mvp2 prototype with a custom paint job cost? Just a wild guess £500-700 when all is said and done, probably pretty cheap compared to what they spent on the mvp prototype.

You could just get a mvp and hot glue the dna board in-place.

I could design it and send it off to be made but I think its too much for my toolbox.

Look at the inner profile. Not an easy job.
YeYFJpZ.jpg

i know the mvp has been done. though not being any kind of modder i would know if these instructions make simple sense and whether they can be determined as an easy or hard job.

Ladies and Gentleman, I present my MVP20D - MVP + DNA20 : electronic_cigarette

as for the powder coating id be just as happy with a wrap in the similar colour scheme as i mentioned above.

from what i can see with using the MVP you do lose the battery inidicator as the mvp screen size is to small for all the dna screen to show, however the mvp green, yellow, red power leds do work as part of the conversion so thats a loss i would be happy to sacrifice.

i think the main thing end of the day would actually be the "paint scheme" to make it a one off even if the box was a little more standardized.

would still like the hana style side buttons config as shown in the first or second render and if magnets were used as mentioned that would be fine as at leats no screws showing.

that would then hopefully reduce cost somewhat.

be it an MVP case remodded or a case as shown in the renders above. not sure which option would be actually cheaper.
its that or i just end up waiting for a hana dna 30 clone that actually has all the working functions but then i end up with a mod thats just the same as every one elses.

as for my budget , thats something id rather discuss in a pm than publicly .

i know the mvp has been done. though not being any kind of modder i would know if these instructions make simple sense and whether they can be determined as an easy or hard job.

Ladies and Gentleman, I present my MVP20D - MVP + DNA20 : electronic_cigarette

as for the powder coating id be just as happy with a wrap in the similar colour scheme as i mentioned above.

from what i can see with using the MVP you do lose the battery inidicator as the mvp screen size is to small for all the dna screen to show, however the mvp green, yellow, red power leds do work as part of the conversion so thats a loss i would be happy to sacrifice.

i think the main thing end of the day would actually be the "paint scheme" to make it a one off even if the box was a little more standardized.

would still like the hana style side buttons config as shown in the first or second render and if magnets were used as mentioned that would be fine as at leats no screws showing.

that would then hopefully reduce cost somewhat.

be it an MVP case remodded or a case as shown in the renders above. not sure which option would be actually cheaper.
its that or i just end up waiting for a hana dna 30 clone that actually has all the working functions but then i end up with a mod thats just the same as every one elses.

as for my budget , thats something id rather discuss in a pm than publicly .

What you could do is machine a new bottom and top plate out of aluminum for the recessed 510 you want and machine the hana mod air channels, that would make it a one off and pretty easy job. Looks like the top and bottom plates on the mvp are plastic. Stick a dna board in it and give it a custom air brush paint job.

the top and bottom of the mvp are brushed finish SS or alumininium.. def not plastic ( as my teeth have just confirmed lol!)

end of day just a dna30 box mod , MVP sized with a nice unique finish will do me ( black and red or black with a tree of life on it )

cash waiting!

the top and bottom of the mvp are brushed finish SS or alumininium.. def not plastic ( as my teeth have just confirmed lol!)

end of day just a dna30 box mod , MVP sized with a nice unique finish will do me ( black and red or black with a tree of life on it )

cash waiting!

Mvp1 on that picture does look like plastic :) Ill take your dentist word that the mvp2 is metal hehehe

Is your mvp2 working ??

Id really like to get my hands on one so I can see what is really doable. The links about the mvp to dna doesn't tell much and I think that's because he is hiding a lot of "hot glue" and features that don't work anymore.

Back
Top Bottom