What's new

Beginning modder help

bob salter

Postman
So I have a woodturning lathe and a metal turning lathe. I am very good with the wood lathe but not terribly confident with the metal lathe. I did an hnd in electronic engineering many moons ago. I would love to get into mod building, Maybe nice wooden tube mod bodys. I am learning fast from this site and youtube. Where can I find out the thread sizes I need for metal bodies, what are peoples thoughts on a nice hardwood tube body(maybe VV) and does anyone have any thoughts on a first project, given what I have said in this post. I am well used to boring out wooden tubes( I am a bagpipe maker), and keen to learn more on the metalworking side of things.

Cheers
Bob

I cannot help you with threads, but suspect most 18650 are the same threading and pitch.
For a first mod, I would recommend you leave the lathe and try something like a box mod, easy to work on and you get to appreciate the wires, switches and so on without having to struggle.

Lathes! Please tell me you are close by me. I will help. Have a look at my posts.

I'm near Edinburgh!

Ok with my amazing skills in deduction I guess you are from.........

Perth.

So not to far. Drop me a message and I am more than willing to meet up to help you on you way with building mods.

Find out what the easiest material is to work with. Lead free brass or aluminium I'd say. I'm nagging Jim the maker of the ukva to join up here, he'll know all of that thread size voodoo

Back
Top Bottom