What's new

3d printing a mod

The bodies for mine are all 1 piece but I use battery tubes so it's a bit easier. I've never used contacts. You could design it to take a battery sled so it fits in seemelessly with a cover to go over the edges so you don't see any wires etc.. Might make it easier on your first project plus you can order the sled and have it in hand to get a better feel for the size of things. Or download a file to print your own sled if that's more your thing.
I too had never used cad before designing these mods and your right it's a steep learning curve but it does get easier. I'd also never soldered before and taught myself by watching YouTube videos lol but I'm pretty proficient now.
I'm considering ordering a clear resin body for a personal mod so soldering needs to be bang on as it will all be on show View attachment 231024
Yes of course, I made my own battery holder in fusion, actually using it in my Frankenstein's monster (an old aspire 100w mod that the 510 broke on).

I reclaimed the PCB and stuck it in an old tobacco tin. It's all held together with electrical tape and pixie dust.

The bodies for mine are all 1 piece but I use battery tubes so it's a bit easier. I've never used contacts. You could design it to take a battery sled so it fits in seemelessly with a cover to go over the edges so you don't see any wires etc.. Might make it easier on your first project plus you can order the sled and have it in hand to get a better feel for the size of things. Or download a file to print your own sled if that's more your thing.
I too had never used cad before designing these mods and your right it's a steep learning curve but it does get easier. I'd also never soldered before and taught myself by watching YouTube videos lol but I'm pretty proficient now.
I'm considering ordering a clear resin body for a personal mod so soldering needs to be bang on as it will all be on show View attachment 231024
I see space for a squonk bottle in there.....

Just read the whole thread , I have seen your work in one of the fb groups , Really nice mod , you obvs got the dna60 mounting sorted , how did you end up doing it ?

Just read the whole thread , I have seen your work in one of the fb groups , Really nice mod , you obvs got the dna60 mounting sorted , how did you end up doing it ?
Not done the dna60 yet but I have modified the clickfet small mod to accommodate the dna60 chip but using off board buttons so I just made 2 slots inside for the board to sit in. I think this should be OK but not tested yet lol.
I have done a dna75c also thats in the prototype faze at the mo.
I'll add some pics of my progress bellow but u can also join my fb group if u want its called THe. Just remember to answer all the questions.
IMG_20210124_091842.jpg
IMG_20210119_181159.jpg
IMG_20210112_145046_631.jpg

Not done the dna60 yet but I have modified the clickfet small mod to accommodate the dna60 chip but using off board buttons so I just made 2 slots inside for the board to sit in. I think this should be OK but not tested yet lol.
I have done a dna75c also thats in the prototype faze at the mo.
I'll add some pics of my progress bellow but u can also join my fb group if u want its called THe. Just remember to answer all the questions. View attachment 238484 View attachment 238485 View attachment 238487

I have used most of the dna boards but not the 60 , I did ask in a help & advice fb group once but I had no replies ,I just thought it must be a secret , lol , I have stopped making mods & I dont really need any more but still fancy a small dna 60 device for myself , your stuff looks great by the way.

Screenshot_20210128_100437.jpg
Screenshot_20210128_100452.jpg
I have used most of the dna boards but not the 60 , I did ask in a help & advice fb group once but I had no replies ,I just thought it must be a secret , lol , I have stopped making mods & I dont really need any more but still fancy a small dna 60 device for myself , your stuff looks great by the way.
I made the little grey one to accept the dna60 hopefully. There are a few mounting options on shapeways website but I'm not keen on them as they would make the mod bigger than I would like. I'll put a couple of pics up bellow of where I'm up to with this little fella.

Back
Top Bottom