HCigar Towis Aurora
HCigar are a well known name within the industry, and their latest squonker is known as the Towis Aurora, designed and manufactured by Towis Team.
An XT80C chip is found in the Towis Aurora, enabling up to 80W of output power, soft, normal and hard user output modes as well as temperature control support.
It's been designed as a hard-wearing squonker, with an anti-wear finish, and two 7ml silicone squonking bottles are included. A uniquely designed battery cabin enables the use of 18650, 20700 or 21700 batteries without the need for an adaptor!
- 57mm x 27.5mm x 92mm dimensions
- 159g weight
- Designed and manufactured by Towis Team
- Zinc alloy construction
- Anti-wear finish
- Unique battery compartment accepts a single 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery without an adaptor
- 0.96inch colour screen
- XT80C chip
- Clear and black 7ml capacity squonk bottles included
- 5-80W output power
- Soft, normal and hard output modes
- Ni200, SS and Titanium temperature control modes
- 200-600F temperature control range
- Micro USB charging
- Low resistance protection
- Short circuit protection
- Low battery protection
- Overheating protection
- Over-current protection
What's in the Box?
- HCigar Towis Aurora squonker
- Clear 7ml squonk bottle
- Black 7ml squonk bottle
- USB cable
- User manual
- Warranty card
Design and Build Quality
Manufactured from solid zinc alloy with aluminium accents, the HCigar Towis Squonker measures in at 57mm x 27.5mm x 92mm and weighs 159g, making it quite a hefty single battery squonker!
It's designed to stand up to everyday knocks and scratches, and features an anti-wear coating to guard against scratches. This mod has been built to last, it's stood up to use over the last couple of weeks!
Two squonking bottles are included in the box, both have a 7ml capacity, and you have the option of using a clear or black bottle. The squonk bottles have a nice feel to them, and are responsive when squeezed.
The door panels are magnetic, and hold the door panels on firmly. One of the more unique features on the Towis Aurora is the battery cabin design, which enables you to use an 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery without the need for an adaptor. A switch is located at the side, underneath the panel, and by pushing this to the left you can use an 18650 battery, or by pushing it to the right you can use a 20700 or 21700 battery. It's a great feature, and works really well in practice!
At the side, a 0.96inch colour screen is found, which displays the current output mode, battery level, power output, temperature limit (if in TC mode), user output mode, resistance, voltage and setting. The power button is located above the screen, with the left and right regulatory buttons along with the confirm button. A micro USB port is found underneath the regulatory buttons.
Using the HCigar Towis Aurora 80W
- 5 clicks of the power button will turn the Towis Aurora on and off
- Pressing the Confirm Button will allow you to change settings.
- You can switch between variable wattage, Ni200 temperature control, SS temperature control and Titanium temperature control modes from the main screen
- Soft, normal and hard user power output modes can be selected from the main screen, which can alter the ramp up time of your coil
- By selecting the settings icon, you can enter the settings menu
- Within the settings menu, screen auto off time, screen brightness, automatic shutdown and current language can be adjusted
- Low resistance, short circuit, low battery, overheating and over-current protections are built in
An in-house designed XT80C chip is able to output up to 80W, and fire resistance down to 0.1ohm in variable wattage mode, making this a powerful single battery squonker! I didn't notice any delay in pressing the fire button to my atty firing, and the user output modes are handy for customising the ramp up time of my coils.
Ni200, Stainless Steel and Titanium coils are catered for with their own respective temperature control modes, and you have the ability to adjust the wattage output along with the temperature limit.
I particularly like the ability to switch between 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries without using an adaptor, I have found that by using a 20700 or 21700 battery I can get a full day's use out of this squonker without the need to change the battery!
The HCigar Towis Aurora squonker is a great option to consider if you are looking for a hard-wearing, single battery regulated squonking device. It features solid build quality, and feels robust in hand!
I do really like the unique design of the battery cabin, allowing you to switch between 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries without the need for an adaptor. It's a feature I'd love to see other manufacturers using! You can find this device for sale on the Steam Island website for £49.99 - https://steamisland.com/products/aurora-80w-squonker-by-hcigar.