Voopoo Argus Air
Big thank you to Voopoo for sending this out to me for review.
There is no doubt that Voopoo have brought out some superb kits over the years. The Argus line shows that they continue to improve and produce quality vaping devices.
In the Box
- ARGUS Air Device
- Standard Cartridge(3.8ml) TPD 2ml
- Pod Cartridge(Built-in 0.8Ω coil, 3.8ml)
- PnP-TM1, 0.6Ω
- Type-C Cable
- User Manual
Specs and Features
- Size: 95.3×31.4×19.3mm
- Material: Leather + zinc alloy
- POD Material: PCTG
- Power Range: 5-25W
- Capacity: 3.8ml/2ml (TPD)
- Resistance Range: 0.6-3.0Ω
- Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
- Battery: 900mAh built-in
- Coils: PnP coils of 0.6Ω and above
- Dual Pod with internal and external coils
- Large and small double airway
- Button and auto draw
- GENE.AI chip will restore your exclusive power
As we come to expect from Voopoo, this was packaged very well with a nice picture to explain the airflow on the inner box. It works the same way as the Vinci Air in that you rotate the pod as one side has a cut out to increase airflow.
As you can see it comes with two pods. One has an in-built 0.8Ω coil and the other you can use with any coil from 0.6Ω to 3.0Ω.
I started off using the closed 0.8Ω Pod. The pods hold a decent amount of liquid (3.8!), and you can easily see the liquid level. The fill hole is a very good size too. I used 50/50 Dr Vapes Pink Sour Salts initially and then moved onto Freebase 75vg. Both juices wicked well, no dry or burnt hits with this coil. There was some mild leaking though.
Operating the device is easy and simple. Five clicks turns it on. The chip auto sets the wattage based on resistance.
The screen shows the following:
- Battery Icon Level
- Auto Draw or Power Button mode
- The ohms for the coil
- Puff counter
With the device on, pressing five times takes you to the Menu function (see pic below). Clicking the power button moves the selection down, the icon flashes and you then press to select the relevant icon. To change wattage, click the power button three times and the wattage icon will flash, you can then use the power button to scroll up. It round robins from 25 to 5 watts and so on.
I moved onto the 0.6Ω coil which I put into the second pod. I filled it with Dr Vapes Purple Panther and the flavour was good. I was able to get a DTL draw from this but I found it to be better doing mtl or rdtl. I found the best setting for me with this coil was around 22 watts.
- Decent flavour from both coils
- Build quality, I like the material, its grippy.
- Two pods, good idea as it caters to people who prefer a built in coil and those that like to switch coils.
- 900mAh battery
- Ease of use
- Designs are very nice
- The airflow works well for MTL, RDTL and DTL
- USB C charging
- Both auto draw and fire button
- Good coil options with the PNP range
- Dual airflow system.
- Multiple protections
- One button for everything
- Juice Capacity 3.8ml
- It doesn’t stand properly due to the rounded off base so you have to lay it down
- One coil was a tad leaky, very much improved since they first release the Vinci though. It was strange as only the 0.8Ω coil leaked, I never had any leaking from the 0.6Ω coil.
- Would have been good to have a 1.0Ω coil to really test the MTL airflow.
- No pass through charging
My score for this is a 7.5/10
The Argus Air would be suitable for any vaper that prefers mtl or rdtl.
For more information please visit: https://www.voopoo.com/argus-series/argus-air.html