Uwell Crown Pod Kit
Many of you will be familiar with Uwell, they gave us the "Caliburn" which I know is used worldwide and has helped many smokers give up the cigarettes!
They also produced the very popular Crown family Subohm tanks which I know are still used and highly thought of. So I was excited to be reviewing the Crown Pod System as I gave up smoking using the Caliburn with 20mg Salts.
In the box
- Uwell Crown 1250mAh Pod Mods Device
- 1 x 2ml - 0.6 Ohm Crown Pod
- 1 x 2ml - 1.0 Ohm Crown Pod
- USB Charging Cable
- User Manual
It was packaged very well and straight away I liked the feel, weight and size of the device.
SPECS and FEATURES
- Dimensions: 95.6mm x 30mm x 18mm
- 1250mAh built-in battery
- 2ml Capacity
- Power Output: Up to 25W
- Coil Resistance: 0.6ohm / 1.0ohm
- Integrated Coil
- Auto Draw and button activated
- Made of lightweight aluminium alloy
- LED indicator for battery life
- Top-fill design with a visible window
- Adjustable airflow (for dtl and mtl)
- Pro-FOCS flavour testing technology
- Multiple safety protections: open-circuit indication, short-circuit, low power, over vape indication
Using the Crown Pod
The Crown pods are very easy to use, simply fill the pod by removing the mouthpiece to reveal one filling hole and a small air hole which allows the air to escape when filling. You can adjust the airflow by using the slider on the side of the pod, very easy and surprisingly effective. Click the mouthpiece back on and put the pod into the device, it has strong magnets and it can be placed either way round. The device automatically sets the wattage based on the resistance and on battery level, 0.6 is 18-25w and 1.0 is 10-15w.
The led light around the fire button indicates battery levels as follows:
- Green (over 60%)
- Blue (30-60%)
- Red (below 30%)
I started with the 1.0 pod, using Juice Head 10mg Nic Salts 50/50. From the start, I was impressed by the flavour. I had to adjust the airflow slider at the side of the pod to get to my personal preference which was 3/4 closed. I used this pod for a good seven days and didn't notice any drop in flavour and no leaks! Battery life lasted me a good two days, but it was not my only vaping device as I tend to rotate kits, but I did use it a lot! In my opinion, it's best to keep it charged at 30% plus to get the most flavour from the pod. I also used 60/40 salts and had no issues with wicking.
Moving onto the 0.6 coil, I filled it with Wild Roots Peach & Goji Berry 70/30, left it for about ten minutess, opened up the airflow to max and wow! A good lung hit, not loose, more restrictive but very nice. The warmth was fine, not hot at all. I then played around with it and you can also get a decent mtl when reducing the airflow control, but of course it gets a bit warmer which understandable at 25W. For restricted dtl, it's perfect.
WHAT I LIKE
- Surprisingly light weight
- Very easy to use
- I could see the liquid level clearly as there is a window, but can see why others may find it too dark.
- Nice ergonomic mouthpiece, this type is not my preference normally as I like a narrow 510 drip tip, but it worked on this device and wasn’t too bulky.
- Easy to fill
- No leaks at all
- Easy airflow adjustment that actually works!
- Good flavour and vapour production
- Excellent battery life
- Good coil life, minimum seven days so far.
- I like both pods, they suit my style of vaping
- Not usb C
- Base charge port, I prefer a side one
- Pod could be a little more transparent
- Replacement coils instead of integrated (personal preference plus better for the environment).
This is a very good device and suitable for a vaper that prefers MTL or RDTL. The flavour is outstanding with both of the two different resistance pods and the adjustable airflow is very versatile.
Price in the UK is around £25 and a pack of two replacement pods are approximately £8.
I would give this a scoring of 8/10, and yes I would buy one.
Thank you to NewVaping for sending this in for review.