Wismec RX2 20700
One of the biggest aspects of the RX2 20700 is that it now takes 20700 batteries, meaning more battery life and 200W of power with two 20700 batteries. Don’t worry if you don’t yet own any 20700 cells, as with the use of the supplied battery adaptor you can also use two 18650 batteries!
The Wismec RX2 20700 is available in the UK through TECC, or The Electronic Cigarette Company, who were founded in East Lancashire back in 2008 - just as the vaping industry began to evolve. Since those early beginnings, they have grown year on year becoming one of the largest names in the industry. They aspire to provide information and support to the industry as a whole, even being founder members of the IBVTA, as well as providing top quality products. Now positioned as one of the leading vaping suppliers in the industry, TECC offer top quality products that cater to beginners and seasoned vapers alike.
- 43.2mm x 35.2mm x 81.7mm dimensions
- Designed in conjunction with JayBo
- Takes 20700 batteries
- Battery adaptor supplied to enable 18650 batteries to be used
- 1-200W output power
- Ni200, Titanium and Stainless Steel temperature control modes
- Custom TCR inputs
- 0.1-3.5ohm resistance range in variable wattage mode
- 0.05-1.5ohm resistance range in temperature control mode
- 100-315C/ 200-600F temperature control range
- 510 threaded with spring loaded connector
- USB charging port
- 2A maximum charging current
- 50A maximum output current
- 0.5V-9V output voltage range
- Push pull battery door design
- No atomiser alert
- Atomiser low alert
- Short circuit protection
- Overheating protection
- Low battery alert
- Imbalanced battery alert
- Reverse polarity protection
- Charging error alert
What’s in the box?
The Wismec RX2 20700 comes supplied in a black presentation box, that will be familiar with owners of certain previous Wismec mods. Inside the box is the RX2 20700 device, two 18650 battery adaptors, a USB cable, user manual and a warranty card.
Design and Build Quality
For a dual battery device, the Wismec RX2 20700 is actually quite small compared with a lot of similar devices on the market, measuring 43.2mm x 35.2mm x 81.7mm it seems almost on par with my Tesla Wye 200W which is one of the smallest dual battery devices on the market. It’s definitely got some weight to it, especially with batteries present, and feels extremely robust.
I received the green version for review, TECC also stock an all black version, and this features a striking luminous green finish on the zinc alloy body. I have found this to be quite scratch resistant too, with no noticeable scratches visible on the mod after a couple of weeks of usage. A spring loaded 510 connector is also present on top of the Wismec RX2 20700, allowing a flush fit for your atomiser, and even 25mm width RDA's fit perfectly with no overhang on the device.
The front of the Wismec RX2 20700 features a large power button, which I have found to be very responsive and perfectly placed on the device, this has the JayBo logo engraved on it. Two large slit shaped vent holes are also present. Underneath the power button is a 1.3inch OLED screen, which is a real highlight. This clearly displays the current power setting (or temperature limit if in temperature control mode), output voltage, coil resistance, a puff counter, and the individual battery life status. The up and down adjustment button is found underneath the screen, alongside a USB port.
At the bottom you will find the battery door release switch, which releases the slide off battery door cover. The Wismec RX2 20700 is compatible with 20700 batteries, or 18650 batteries with the use of the supplied adaptors, you simply slot these into the battery door cover and slide this back on. This will then lock shut, securely holding your batteries in place.
Using the Wismec RX2 20700
- 5 clicks of the power button will turn the Wismec RX2 20700 on.
- Hold the fire and down button simultaneously to enable stealth mode.
- Hold the up and down buttons simultaneously to lock the power setting.
- A micro USB port is present for charging and updating the firmware.
- Whilst the device is off, press the up and down buttons simultaneously to rotate the screen display 180 degrees.
- Press the fire button three times whilst the device is on to switch between variable wattage, Ni200 TC, Ti TC, SS 316 TC and three TCR slots (M1, M2 and M3). Click the fire button to confirm your choice.
- To switch between C and F in TC, scroll past the lowest or highest temperature setting.
- Whilst the resistance is blinking, press the up regulatory button to lock the current resistance- please ensure this is done at room temperature.
- With the bottom information logo highlighted, press up to switch between current, puff counter and puff time.
- When using a TCR memory setting, 600-700 is the value for Nickel, 300-400 is the value for NiFe and Titanium, and 80-200 for SS 303, 304, 316 and 317.
- With the device on and in TC mode, simultaneously press the up and down buttons to enter preheat mode, you can adjust your desired TC preheat as you see fit.
- Press the fire and up regulatory buttons to enter the adjustable timeout menu system, you can set a user defined puff timeout from 5-15 seconds.
In terms of variable wattage power, the Wismec RX2 20700 is able to fire wattage from 1-200W with two 20700 cells, and it can fire resistance from 0.1-3.5ohm making it a perfect choice for just about any atomiser. Power delivery is pretty much instant, I haven't experienced any noticeable delay from pressing the power button to my coils heating up! When firing the device, a puff timer will display onscreen so you can see how long your vape was.
A comprehensive temperature control mode is featured, with preset settings for Ni200, Titanium and SS 316 coils. Three TCR memory settings are also available, allowing you to use other coil types in temperature control as well. You can customise your TC vape even further with the preheat function, allowing you to set a preheat from 1-200W, making your coils ramp up as quickly or as slowly as you see fit.
A big plus point with the Wismec RX2 20700 is the ability to make use of two 20700 batteries, not only does this enable you to take advantage of up to 200W of power but the battery life is significantly improved over using two 18650 batteries. I get well over a day and a half of use with the Wismec RX2 20700 as my main device, compared to just under a day with two 18650 batteries. USB charging is present if you need to charge in an emergency.
I've found myself using the Wismec RX2 20700 as my main device over the past couple of weeks, as I really enjoy the form factor of this mod as well as the long battery life I get from two 20700 cells. It's a device that does everything that I need it to, and it's robust enough to stand up to heavy day to day use as well. I personally didn't really find anything not to like about the RX2 20700, it's another quality release from the Wismec team!
Many thanks to TECC for sending in the Wismec RX2 20700 in for review, this can be purchased with two batteries included from www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/wismec-rx2-20700-with-2-x-batteries.html - you can get 20% off this item using the code POTV20!