Kimsun TC40W Mini Kit
The TC40W manufactured by Kimsun is an incredibly small and lightweight device that supports Variable Wattage and Temperature Control. Intended as starter kit for new vapers the device offers up to 40W of power and supports both Ni200 and Titanium coils in Temperature Control mode. In addition the tank comes with a small tank that has fully adjustable airflow.
Kimsun TC40W Mini Kit features
- Dimensions: 34.6mm (L) × 21.2mm (W) × 99.3mm (H)
- Output Wattage Range: 5.0-40W
- Variable Wattage Mode
- Temperature Adjust Range: 300-600°F/150-315℃
- Temperature Control Functionality. Supports Ni200 and Titanium
- Battery Capacity: 1100mAh
- Resistance Range 0.15-2.00ohm
- Charging Time: 2 Hours
- Standard 510 Thread
- Standard Safety Features: Low Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection etc
STL Tank II features
- 1.4ml Capacity.
- Coil Resistance: 0.32ohm.
- Pre-installed 0.32ohm Titanium Coil.
- Adjustable Airflow.
What’s in the box?
- 1 X TC40W Mini Mod
- 1 X STL Tank II (with 0.32 ohm Titanium coil pre-installed)
- 1 X Replacement 0.32 ohm Titanium coil
- 1 X Micro USB Charging Cable
- 1 X User’s Manual
- 1x Coil Priming Card
Kimsun TC40W Mini Kit styling and build quality
The TC40W is an extremely small device, remarkably even smaller than the iStick Pico. The device itself is light as a feather yet despite this the overall build quality is excellent and it feels rather durable!
The device offers up to 40 Watts of power and has Temperature Control functionality for Titanium and Nickel coils. The kit comes with two Titanium coils and a very well made and compact tank.
The three buttons on the device work well, are responsive and rattle free. The LED style display located on the top of the mod reminded me very much of an old calculator but it is very bright and clear and certainly decent enough for such a compact device.
The 510 pin does not appear to be spring-loaded and while the included tank fits perfectly be prepared for some gaps if you want to use other atomizers. Remarkably my 22mm Achilles II RDA sat flush with only ever so slight overhang and it actually looked far less ridiculous on this device than you might think. I am sure that the manufacturer ideally wants you to use the included tank but at least the option is there to use other atomizers assuming they fit.
The TC40W is fitted with an 1100mAh capacity internal battery which should be more than sufficient for a new or very modest vaper. I must admit I really did like the finish of this device since it has a really clean look and the logos that are present are very subdued.
The included STL II tank is a beautifully made atomizer and all the parts fit together really well. The tank has a 1.4ml capacity and adjustable airflow. Sadly it does not feature top filling but you can’t expect everything.
There does not appear to be any venting on this device but I assume it vents via the Micro USB port which is located on the base. I certainly did not find the TC40W becoming especially warm when vaping so I am sure there is sufficient ventilation. The device can be charged via the included Micro USB cable and it takes roughly two hours to replenish the battery.
Ease of use
- Five clicks of the fire button turns the device on/off.
- To enter the menu click the fire button three times. Click it again to cycle through the various options: PPP (Variable Wattage Mode), Ti F (Titanium Fahrenheit), TI C (Titanium Celsius), Ni F (Ni200 Fahrenheit) and Ni C (Ni200 Celsius).
- There are three buttons on the TC40W Mini, all on the front of the mod; the fire button and the “+” and “-” buttons. The LED display is on the top of the TC40W Mini.
- Wattage changes are in 0.1 increments and Temperature changes are in single degree increments.
- Pressing the fire button with the TC40W Mini in standby mode the LED will display the battery level as a percentage. Then it will display your selected temperature or wattage.
- In Temperature Control Mode the display will first show the Resistance of the attached coil as you press the fire button to vape.
- The included STL II is a bottom fill tank. Unscrew the base to fill it. The fill holes are reasonably large so you shouldn’t have any issues.
- When using a new coil always remember to put a few drops of juice into the centre of the coil to prime it.
- To calibrate the Resistance of a new TC coil hold the plus and minus buttons down simultaneously for a few seconds until the display reads “CHE.”
Considering how small the device is I wasn’t expected mind-blowing performance from the included tank but it actually vaped extremely well. I tried it with a couple of different liquids both were 50/50 mixes and the flavour was surprisingly good. The coils offered very clean and crisp flavour and the vapour production was also quite decent considering the size of the coils.
The draw from the tank was really nice, perhaps a bit too restrictive for myself but probably ideal for people who have recently quit smoking and require a very tight mouth to lung vape!
Temperature Control seemed to work without issues and I got a consistently good vape. The only real downside to this device is that if you are heavy vaper like myself you will run the battery down very quickly but more modest or new vapers should hopefully get more mileage out of it.
In my opinion as a first product from a new manufacturer the Kimsun TC40W is a really nice device which may be ideal for a new vaper! The standout features of this device is the fact that it is seriously small, lightweight and surprisingly despite its diminutive statue offers a pretty decent vape! In addition it is simple to operate. The overall machining of the device is really good and the tank itself is extremely well made and fits together beautifully!
Sadly the tank only holds 1.4ml and I feel it should have been at least 2ml capacity and ideally should have had top filling. The most telling problem with this device is that the price you really pay for such a beautifully compact device is a massive compromise in battery life because it does drain really fast and even faster in Temperature Control Mode. However this may not bother some people and it will depend entirely on how much vaping you plan to do per day. Obviously this device will never appeal to vapers who want long battery life and high Wattage but let’s face it that is not who the device is aimed at.
I could see this device being quite handy for anyone who travels or simply needs a discrete device to use during their breaks at work. The TC40W might also be a great starter device for some but make sure you are aware of its limitations.