Mod Reviews

HCigar VT75

The VT75 is a new box mod from HCigar that utilizes a genuine Evolv DNA 75 chipset. The device offers a maximum of 75 Watts of power and has both Variable Wattage and Temperature Control functionality with support for all major wire types. The VT75 can be fitted with either a 26650 or 18650 battery.

Share on:

HCigar VT75

The VT75 is a new box mod from HCigar that utilizes a genuine Evolv DNA 75 chipset. The device offers a maximum of 75 Watts of power and has both Variable Wattage and Temperature Control functionality with support for all major wire types. In addition the devices functions can be heavily customized via the EScribe software. The VT75 can be fitted with either a 26650 or 18650 (through use of the included adapter) battery.

HCigar VT75 features

• Powered by the latest Genuine Evolv DNA 75 Chipset.
  • Compatible with Evolv's Escribe Software.
  • Dimensions: 89x52x32mm.
  • Supports 0.16 ohm or Higher Kanthal Coils.
  • Supports 0.1 ohm or Higher TC Coils.
  • Atomizer Resistance Lock for TC Builds.
  • Temperature Control Modes: Ni, Ti, SS, TCR.
  • Reverse Polarity Protection.
  • 1-75 Watts of Output Power.
  • Stainless Steel 510 Connector.
  • Spring-Loaded Gold Plated Centre Pin.
  • Requires a Single 18650 or 26650 Battery (not included).
  • Bottom Twist Release Battery Door.
  • Front mounted Micro USB Charge Port.

What’s in the box?

• 1 x HCigar VT75 Mod
  • 1 x 22mm Beauty Ring.
  • 1x 18650 Battery Adapter.
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
  • User Manual
  • Warranty Card

HCigar VT75 styling and build quality

One thing that can certainly be said about the HCigar VT75 is that it feels solid, in fact even in 18650 mode it has some noticeable weight to it. Of course in many ways this is a good thing since it should hopefully last you some time and is durable enough to take a few knocks.

The VT75 despite being nicely curved and as form friendly as it can be is still something of a bulky device due to its ability to take 26650 batteries. The top of the device is so large in diameter that you could happily fit up to 30mm atomizers. Due to this 22mm diameter atomizers might not look as aesthetically pleasing when used on this device, personally this is not something that bothered me at all and if it really gets on your nerves there is an included beauty ring in the box which is designed for 22mm atomizers to make them look more stylish. It is simply a case of placing the ring over the connector and then screwing on your tank or dripper. Depending on the design of your atomizer it may block airflow somewhat.

In terms of the actual fit, all of my atomizers sat flush on this device and the pin itself is gold-plated and spring-loaded.  For some bizarre reason the 510 connector which is made from Stainless Steel can actually be unscrewed and I still have absolutely no idea why. In fact when I first received the device it actually needed tightening up since when unscrewing my Freemax Scylla the connector ended up coming away while still connected to my tank. As I said it is rather strange perhaps it is for cleaning purposes or possibly HCigar have some hybrid style atomizer in the works which screws directly onto the pin.

The main display is bright and clear and can be fully customized via EScribe to display whatever information you require. All of the typical information is shown by default, which includes Wattage, Resistance and Voltage. In addition remaining battery life, coil type and Temperature is shown (when using TC mode). The display also shows whether or not the Resistance Lock is enabled.

The device has three buttons all of which have a nice feel and are responsive, thankfully they do not rattle at all. Located at the bottom front of the device is the Micro USB Port which allows you to either charge your battery via the included cable or simply connect it to your PC in order to tweak settings through the use of EScribe (Must first be downloaded from Evolv’s website).

As you might expect the battery compartment is rather large in order to be able to fit a 26650 battery. Assuming you don’t own any 26650 batteries like myself then don’t worry since the device does come with a battery compartment adapter that allows you to fit 18650 batteries. Initially I did have some wobble when a battery was fitted but then I realised you can tighten up the flat head screw in the centre of the battery compartment lid which does solve the issue. The lid itself has decent threading and works well. Venting for the battery is provided by two large holes in the battery compartment lid.

Ease of use

The HCigar VT75 works just like any other DNA 75 device and is surprisingly straightforward to use. While it is necessary to download and use EScribe on your PC to fully tweak the VT75 the device does come with several presets for the most common wire types so you will be able to use the device straight out of the box.

• Five clicks of the main fire button locks/unlocks the device.
  • To lock the power make sure the device is unlocked and hold down the plus and minus adjustment buttons.
  • To lock and unlock the Resistance make sure the device is locked and hold down the fire button and the plus adjustment button simultaneously.
  • To put the device into Stealth Mode make sure the device is locked and hold down the fire button and the minus adjustment button simultaneously.
  • To change the temperature make sure the device is locked and then hold down the plus and minus buttons simultaneously. The temperature can be adjusted in the menu and you can have it display in either Celsius or Fahrenheit or switch it off completely.
  • To access the presets on the device make sure the device is unlocked then hold down the plus and minus buttons to access power mode and then click the plus button a couple of times. The device presets include Wattage Mode, Ni200, Ni200 No Preheat, Ni200 Relaxed, SS 316 and Titanium.

HCigar VT75 performance

The HCigar VT75 works just as well as the VT75 Nano that I reviewed recently. Whether you want to use it in Variable Wattage or Temperature Control it is unlikely you will be running into any issues due to the excellent Evolv chip. Resistance readings are very accurate and the device performs consistently well!

The Resistance can be locked which means you won’t have any noticeable heat spiking or fluctuation when using Temperature Control. My Freemax Scylla fitted with a Ni200 coil worked flawlessly and made for a cracking vape at my preferred setting of 240°C at 40-45W.

Battery Life will of course depend entirely on which battery type you choose to fit and what Wattage you vape at and how often. I got a good five to six hours of modest use out of it with my Freemax Scylla at the settings I mentioned above and close to a day when using my Rose3 fitted with 1.2ohm coil.

Conclusion

The VT75 is a solidly built and durable device with a nice form factor that thanks to Evolv’s superb chip offers an excellent vape experience. It does have one major oddity, namely a removable 510 connector that seems to serve no purpose and can actually come loose if you haven’t tightened it down sufficiently. Also having to adjust 18650 battery rattle via a screw seems a little odd and reminds me of early mechanical mods, one would hope that HCigar could have found a more elegant solution. Nevertheless having the flexibility to use either a 26650 or 18650 battery might be an appealing feature to some users.

Technically there is absolutely nothing wrong with the VT75, it performs just like any other DNA 75 device and should serve you well. Personally I think that if I had received it before the VT75 Nano I might have appreciated it a little more than I did but I still can’t shake that feeling that I really do prefer the Nano due to its smaller design. Even so the VT75 is still a very nice product and I think if you purchased one you won’t be disappointed!

VapeMaster avatar

VapeMaster

Reviewer at POTV
View Articles

Join the discussion

Mod Reviews

VAPORESSO COSS Click

VAPORESSO sent in their latest kit to take on traditional disposable vapes, the VAPORESSO COSS Click

Mod Reviews

TECC arc Mini 2

TECC have sent in their latest pint sized powerhouse, the TECC arc Mini 2

Mod Reviews

Lost Vape Centaurus B80 AIO

Antony takes a deep dive in to the Lost Vape Centaurus B80 AIO

Mod Reviews

Innokin Kroma Nova Kit

Innokin continue their amazingly strong run with the all new Kroma Nova kit