Aspire Onixx Kit
A big thank you to the amazing team at UAV – I have said it before but will say it again, their customer service is excellent. I have ordered from them myself a few times now and appreciate the service they provide. They offer accurate communication, fast delivery and well packaged products, and the staff are a delight to deal with so, THANK YOU!
Ok so let’s get to it shall we! This is my personal feedback on the device and is not influenced by anyone or any other company.
In the box
- Onixx Mod (2000 mAh)
- Onixx Tank (2.0 ml)
- 2 BP Coils, 1.0Ω -10-16W and 0.6Ω -15-25W
- Spare Glass Tube (2.0 ml)
- Spare Straight Drip Tip
- Type-C Cable
- User Manual
- Set of O-rings
Specs and Features
- Output wattage range:1-40W
- Continuous fire time:10s
- Supported resistance range: 0.3-3.5Ω
- Dimensions: 23x29x85 mm
- Stainless Steel body
- 2ml capacity
- Bottom Adjustable airflow
- Top fill design
- Compatible with all pre-existing BP Coils and the BP RBA
The Onixx is nicely packaged with everything anyone needs to get into vaping. I do like the look, feel and quality of the complete kit. I received the black/red gradient. It is upholstered with soft leather and is paired with a metallic zinc alloy so it does look vey nice indeed.
Starting with the mod, its very easy to use. 5 clicks to turn the device and off. On the screen you will see the following:
- Battery Icon
- Wattage Icon
- Puff time in seconds
Click 3 times puts it in to standby mode. The two buttons are the up and down for wattage. Under those is the usb-C charging port. 2000mAh lasts at least two days using the 1.0ohm coil. That is it, very simple but effective.
This is a traditional type tank, unscrew the 510 base, you can then push in the coil to the bottom of the chimney. First time it’s a bit tight as the O-rings are dry, but give it a good push, then screw the base back on. To fill you need to unscrew the top cap. Make sure you do not overfill otherwise it will leak through the top. Once filled, you then screw the top cap back on. This is fiddly as the threading isn’t great but I got there in the end. Do not over tighten it like I did, it was a pain to open up the first few times and the base kept unscrewing instead.
The airflow is the usual type, five holes on one side. You are free to adjust to your preferred level. On the other side there is a big rectangle hole which ensures you enormous airflow and dense clouds.
Of course, I started with the 1.00ohm which is recommended between 10-16 watts. I started at 10W and worked my way up. 13W with two holes open was perfect for me. Fully open airflow gave a nice airy MTL and a good RDTL vape and the one airhole gives a nice tight MTL. I got stunning flavour with this coil and would suit most MTL users
The 0.6ohm is very good DTL vape, slightly restricted when fully open. With a single hole, you can get a nice warm mtl vape. Flavour is average for me, well maybe a little better than average.
Both the coils in the kit are round regular wire.
The kit comes with a black POM drip tip and a black straight drip tip.
- The mod is so easy to use
- Very good quality – it feels and looks good
- Easy to read display
- Coils are flavoursome especially the 1.00ohm, and they have a good coil life
- Great airflow options which work very well for a tight MTL or a good DTL as well as everything in between
- Good battery, charges quickly
- Compatibility of BP RBA
- There is a 3ml replacement tank you can purchase
- Hard to get drip tip off especially initially
- Hard work to open the top to fill it – threading could be better and it’s a bit old skool. I would have preferred a slide top or something more current. You have to be careful not to loosen the base when you are unscrewing the top fill.
- I did have some leaking with the 1.00ohm coil but I spoke to the team at UAV and they gave me some tips and sent me a full replacement box, I had minimal leaking with the second one.
Aspire released this as a starter kit, and I have to say it ticks all the boxes in that respect but this really would suit any vaper.
You can purchase direct from UAV for £34.98
My final score is 8/10 – it would be higher if the top fill design was easier to use.