TECC Urban Chase 70VG/30PG Shortfills
Supplied by TECC (The Electronic Cigarette Company) to review.
It has been a while since I did a juice review so I agreed to take on a few of the brand new TECC Urban Chase range. I chose five flavours that appealed to me, so sink fodder or ADV (All Day Vape)? Let’s find out……
The groovy Orange bottles and artwork really stand out, and the bottles are good quality. They also feature a flip open nib to make adding your nicotine shot much easier.
The empty 10ml nic shot bottles make great pocket friendly refill bottles for out and about – Upcycle!
The flavour range is pretty vast and varied which should cater for most tastes:
- Apple & Pear - A delicious and refreshing blend of crisp green apple and juicy pears create this outstanding combination.
- Apple Pie & Custard - Sweet baked apple with lashings of creamy vanilla custard, finished with a buttery pastry.
- Blackcurrant, Aniseed & Menthol - Plump, ripe blackcurrants and delicate aniseed, surrounded by a tingly cold menthol; an ideal all day vape.
- Blue Raspberry - A fruity duet of tasty blueberry and juicy raspberry come together, creating a sweet yet refreshing vape experience.
- Bubblegum - A classic sweet shop style vape, evoking the distinct tutti frutti bubblegum chew flavours you would expect to taste.
- Frozen Cherry - Deliciously ripe red cherry collides with an ice cold koolada, resulting in a flavour you’ll want to revisit time and time again.
- Grape, Watermelon & Menthol - Freshly picked green grapes and sweet watermelon is finished with a cool, icy menthol.
- Mixed Fruit Squash - A taste of summer in a bottle. This recreation of a British classic drink is bursting at the seams with grapes, juicy raspberries, and blackcurrants. A delicate sweetness surrounds this outstanding flavour.
- Raspberry Sherbet - An intensely fizzy raspberry is complemented by a zesty lemon sherbet, with just enough sweetness to keep you coming back for more.
- Strawberry & Kiwi - A delightful fusion of confectionery style strawberry and mouth-watering kiwi. An absolute must for any fruit loving vaper.
I tend to use a dripper RDA when testing new juices rather than a stock coil in case I don’t like it, I then move onto a stock coil device for a longer test.
Apple Pie & Custard
"Sweet baked apple with lashings of creamy vanilla custard, finished with a buttery pastry."
The first juice I tried as this is one of my favourite vape flavours, TECC have nailed this one!
Nothing complex about this recipe, but the important part is the balance which is spot on. The inhale has that crumbly apple pastry and smooth custard, the after taste is especially nice as it feels like you just scoffed a spoonful of actual apple pie and custard.
More importantly this wasn’t too sweet, and I would be happy to use this recipe as an ADV (All Day Vape).
Apple & Pear
"A delicious and refreshing blend of crisp green apple and juicy pears create this outstanding combination."
I was looking forward to trying this one, pear is my favourite fruit though I can’t recall eating them with apple so I was keen to see how they mixed together. As it happened, the pear was more dominant and the apple added that zing to make it refreshing. As a result it wasn’t too sweet or sickly. I generally enjoyed this flavour as a treat but not quite an ADV for me, not that it stopped me demolishing the bottle within a few days!
"A classic sweet shop style vape, evoking the distinct tutti frutti bubblegum chew flavours you would expect to taste."
Bubblegum is one of those flavour that just about every juice manufacturer has produced, but it’s actually a tricky flavour to get right. I’ve tried too many and it’s one I no longer buy due to too many sink fodder efforts. The TECC recipe reminds me a lot of my childhood favourite Bubbly (the individual twist wrapped chunky round ones). I’m a pure flavour over clouds chaser, but this flavour tipped my balance on its head.
Flavours like this can be overpowering and rarely an ADV, but TECC have done a superb job of balancing this recipe to be just enough flavour without leaving an overpowering aftertaste. This is no small deed as it resulted in the only bubblegum flavour that I would happily choose as an ADV.
The nicest surprise of the lot for me.
Mixed Fruit Squash
"A taste of summer in a bottle. This recreation of a British classic drink is bursting at the seams with grapes, juicy raspberries, and blackcurrants. A delicate sweetness surrounds this outstanding flavour."
I was half expecting Vimto but it was more like if Vimto had toned down the blackcurrant which is definitely a good thing as you can pick up more individual flavours. As a result this was lush on the inhale and exhale, but I’m not quite sure about the aftertaste. It isn’t unpleasant, more a case of confusion as to what I was tasting until the next draw.
Strawberry & Kiwi
"A delightful fusion of confectionery style strawberry and mouth-watering kiwi. An absolute must for any fruit loving vaper."
Before I start on this one, I need to point out that strawberry is my nemesis flavour in vape juices, not so in real food as I love them. I have tried many e-liquids and my palette struggles to pick up the flavour, to the point I have given up trying, but since this range included Strawberry & Kiwi, I had to at least try it.
By dingbat! I can taste strawberry! A nice sweet strawberry at that, and the Kiwi is subtle but gives it a pleasant aftertaste, but there’s no pleasing me with Strawberry as I found it just a bit too sweet for an ADV. I am pleased I found a treat strawberry juice at last.
This juice turned out to be a lot better in a dripper, the more saturated vape gave the flavour an extra kick and the aftertaste was much nicer.
Without sounding too harsh, none of these flavours were adventurous and are pretty standard flavours that you will find most manufacturers already produce. However, TECC have certainly produced these flavours well and have got the balance just right, no nasty chemical tastes and, more importantly, they don’t taste cheap so you can be confident with their flavour descriptions that you will get what it says on the bottle. Not that standard flavours are a bad thing, in fact I would love to see them do rhubarb and custard or lemon tart!
None of these juices disappointed me in the slightest, a couple weren’t quite ADVs for me, but even those were nice as a treat for a few tankfuls. The price is more than reasonable too, especially the multi-buy options.
I’ve already finished two bottles and am quickly working my way through the rest. Sorry sink, no fodder for you!