FOREST (1) has attracted celebrity support from the likes of artist David Hockney, inventor Trevor Baylis, musician Joe Jackson, and chef Antony Worrall Thompson. Following smoke-free regulations being imposed on pubs, its 'Save Our Pubs and Clubs' garnered support from the Working Men's Club and Institute Union, the Adam Smith Institute, and the Manifesto Club.
The webinar “Why Should Smokers Switch To Vaping?” (2) aims to address a number of problems vaping still faces in the United Kingdom.
FOREST says: “The latest in our series of Talking Liberties webinars takes place next week and we would be delighted if you would join us. E-cigarettes have been a mainstream consumer product for the best part of a decade and vaping is credited with encouraging millions of smokers to switch to what evidence suggests is a significantly reduced risk product.
“Despite that, millions more appear resistant to switching and the latest figures suggest that the number of vapers in the UK may have fallen from a peak of 3.6 million to 3 million. The question is, why?”
Coinciding with the UK Vaping Industry Association’s VApril campaign, the knowledgeable panel will include:
- John Dunne, CEO, UK Vaping Industry Association (UKVIA)
- Daniel Pryor, head of programmes, Adam Smith Institute (ASI)
- Joe Dunne, spokesperson, Respect Vapers (Ireland)
- Judy Gibson, vaping advocate
- Dan Donovan, confirmed smoker
The organisers say they would love to hear from ex-smokers who have switched to vaping and dual users who smoke and vape.
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 28th April 2021, between 6.00-7.00pm. You can register for free by clicking on this link.
- FOREST - https://www.forestonline.org/
- Webinar registration - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/why-should-smokers-switch-to-vaping-tickets-149696156233
- VApril - http://www.vapril.org/