The UEA’s research to date has shown that there’s certain myths that lie in the way of smokers wanting to make the switch to vaping. These include:
- Myth 1: 'Vaping is just as bad for health as smoking tobacco'
- Myth 2: 'Vaping is more addictive than tobacco'
- Myth 3: 'E-cigarettes are really dangerous to use'
- Myth 4: 'Vaping encourages non-smokers to take up smoking'
The UEA has released a video to help combat these myths and can be viewed on its website: https://www.uea.ac.uk/medicine/research/addiction/ectra-study
The leaflet supporting smokers in their switch attempts can be viewed below and downloaded from THIS link.
This isn’t all. The UEA is planning on sending smokers making switch attempts text messages with supportive statements.
As we all appreciate how difficult it can be finding a set-up and liquid that works for us at the outset, a call has gone out for us to support this move with our own suggestions.
You can send your suggestions directly to Dr Sharon Cox on Twitter (@Sharon_ACox) or contribute them to the thread on the Planet of the Vapes forum.
- Advice for new vapers from old hands - Smoking relapse prevention tips for vapers leaflet
- Planet of the Vapes thread - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/ecig-discussion/general-chat/threads/your-help-is-needed.175348/