What's new

WANTED: People for testing our new device

There could be the button mould issue associated. When we got the first batch of buttons back for both the wee VIM and VIM, the tolerances were wrong. So we had to go through and hand select 500 buttons to match the casing well, basically, handpick the buttons to fit the bodies, so we could get 1000 working devices of each. We then binned the rest and adjusted the moulds to have more tolerance. So all the devices we were testing, plus the reviewer devices were this hand-picked lot. The wee VIM was definitely worse affected than the normal VIM, my wee VIM sometimes catches and doesn't register clicks when pushed quickly and therefore occasionally takes a few go's to unlock or lock, which sounds similar to yours and a few others reported it in testing. I am confident the mould adjustment will have fixed that though, and won't be present in retail units, same goes for the connector issues, we used a harder shore of silicone for the base connector and increased the spring strength, this should prevent the connectors misaligning (tipping over - a problem on the wee VIM) and also stop them jamming in (a problem on the VIM), we also then adjusted the thickness of the negative connector outer ring on the base of the VIM tank, to allow for a bit more variation and still connect. We've also had a few reports of certain liquids not liking the tank, we have about 5 in total and we've now sold about 20K, but I suspect this will increase so we are currently designing an upgraded PEI tank option. Also a small proportion of users (4 reports so far) seem to vape in a way that can overheat the device and warp the tank, basically it heats up to jigger the pushfit, then the bottom just falls off the tank. The device is tested 6second draw wait 10 secs then another 6second draw and wait 10, and so on, for 4 hours straight and we cannot recreate the issue until we drop the draw rest to about 2seconds, and increase draw to 8 secs, so that a pretty full on vaper in my eyes, but the PEI version will allow that sort of use.

Sorry, basically went into a bit of a long winded report on known faults we have addressed and fixed due to the testing and initial sales, the reality is I think these issues will only affect a very small proportion of the VIM userbase, but we were still able to improve the device thanks to the testing, and get a heap of ideas for future iterations. The 2 top issues were actually the colour, which most liked, but found it impractical, so the Slate version will be arriving in around 3 weeks hopefully and address that, we knew the white was a risk for launch colour, but we wanted the device to stand out. The other issue is the airflow, I don't think anybody was particularly keen on it, although most were prepared to accept it is what is, the perspective being, most other pod style devices have no airflow at all, that being said we will look at another solution for the VIM 2 : )
So much that we never even think off goes into making this stuff..wow wee.

So much that we never even think off goes into making this stuff..wow wee.

Yup, for all those thinking we're generous for doing the testing, we're not really, we get as much out it as you guys hopefully do, it works in everybody's favour including our end customers, winners all around : )

I'm just wondering if the 0.7 turbo coils will be ok in the wee vim now. I'm thinking I might buy a pack in a fortnight when I get paid and try them with 60vg juice as I stupidly tried both of mine with 70/30 and they clogged up.

Was also going to ask how the testing for the wee vim went but I see that's been answered pretty well above.

I'm just wondering if the 0.7 turbo coils will be ok in the wee vim now. I'm thinking I might buy a pack in a fortnight when I get paid and try them with 60vg juice as I stupidly tried both of mine with 70/30 and they clogged up.

Was also going to ask how the testing for the wee vim went but I see that's been answered pretty well above.

If I am being honest I think we will still have a few issues in the Turbo 0.7, although we are getting very few reports from users as such. Fact is the blocking issue is a build experience thing, and a new line takes a while to bed in, I am using the turbo 0.7ohm with 65% VG and getting 1 week no problem, but I know there will still be issues in there and it's dependant on your setup and how you use them. I know there will less on the next batch and less on the batch after that. If you try them and they do not perform as you wish, just get CS to replace or refund them, there's no real risk in giving them a go, they certainly seem to work for most users, and definitely will get better the more we make of them. Our main problem is trying to keep the things in stock (we are running low again) and the next batch is not due for 2 weeks, whatever they are, they are definitely very popular.

AJT's post nailed it for me. Seems I'm not too slow with the button, I'm too fast! Because the fire button reaction time is so extraordinarily good, I've been pressing the button too fast. I've slowed myself down and can lock/unlock it much better.

Take it. Not as if it'll take up much room mate.

I've just been having a shot of mine. Using the 1.0 coil with 36mg nic salt juice and it certainly has a kick! I'll put some 18mg through it next as that's what most will probably use in it.

I would like the draw a smidge tighter but I tend to restricted lung draw as well as mtl on any mtl set up anyway and it works well doing that too.

So far, given the price point and intended audience it's a winner imo. I'll do the proper feedback in a couple of weeks when I've battered it a bit more.

So I took it on my Holiday....just chucked it in..no manual or anything...used it for 2 weeks...returned home, submitted feedback form in time.....brought it out this evening as Im heading out....I think I have the VIM and no the wee Vim...anyone?
IMG_20180825_182241012_BURST005.jpg

So I took it on my Holiday....just chucked it in..no manual or anything...used it for 2 weeks...returned home, submitted feedback form in time.....brought it out this evening as Im heading out....I think I have the VIM and no the wee Vim...anyone?
View attachment 170668
Think that's the VIM [emoji106]

Just brought the regular Vim AIO
I tested the wee vim and use it as my pocket mod..so going to try the Daddy vim something with a bit more omph maybe?..

Back
Top Bottom