What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

WANTED: People for testing our new device

@JAC Vapour Hi just tried the new 1.5 ohm s-coil in the wee vim..
Most excellent vape..lovely and smooth nice vapour and flavour and very quite..
Really pleased and glad they became available..Wee vim now my full time pocket mod for out the house..

One more thing please..does any of the vim stuff fit the wee vim like the 510 adaptation or the mouthpieces.?
Thanks.

The VIM and the wee VIM all use the same stuff, the VIM tank, the VIM pods when they arrive etc. Anything we do with the VIM tank will work wih the wee VIM assuming it's not lower than 0.6ohms, so the turbo 0.42 and DL coil at 0.5.

No it's different, the listing is here in the VIM tank section: https://www.jacvapour.com/vim-510-adapter

It basically does the same thing though, but it's a different thread, we did try and keep them the same but it juts wasn't going to work with the sizes we had to work with on the VIM.

Hi Andy, thanks for that. I meant to update that last post to say that I had found it. Thanks again.

So I've found one thing I would personally like to see tweaked on the VIM. Turning it on and off is not always achieved first or second time. Sometimes takes me a few attempts to push the button 5 times quickly enough. Maybe allow an extra second on the time allowed. Or add a half second delay on the mod firing when the button is pressed. Quite often I find myself firing the mod 20 or 25 times in quick succession trying to turn it off. And it fires every time. Nothing major but something I would tweak if I could.

So I've found one thing I would personally like to see tweaked on the VIM. Turning it on and off is not always achieved first or second time. Sometimes takes me a few attempts to push the button 5 times quickly enough. Maybe allow an extra second on the time allowed. Or add a half second delay on the mod firing when the button is pressed. Quite often I find myself firing the mod 20 or 25 times in quick succession trying to turn it off. And it fires every time. Nothing major but something I would tweak if I could.

I don't find it an issue, but see what others say, certainly no negative reports concerning in at present. I don't think I'd like to drop fire response to make the lock better. I think it's 2.5 secs for the 5 clicks currently and the fire time and lock period are linked on the VIM board, so you increase fire response you have to lock it quicker, or vice versa. So the fire is set at the limit of what I think is suitable for the device and then lock time is set automatically from that, they don't function independently, not on the VIM board anyway.

I don't find it an issue, but see what others say, certainly no negative reports concerning in at present. I don't think I'd like to drop fire response to make the lock better. I think it's 2.5 secs for the 5 clicks currently and the fire time and lock period are linked on the VIM board, so you increase fire response you have to lock it quicker, or vice versa. So the fire is set at the limit of what I think is suitable for the device and then lock time is set automatically from that, they don't function independently, not on the VIM board anyway.
No worries. May well just be me. Maybe I'm just getting slow in my old age. Definitely interested to know if anyone else takes a couple of attempts or they always get it first time.

Is it definitely 2.5s? Just curious.

The trigger reaction time is incredible. Never had a mod where I couldn't press and release the fire button fast enough for it not to fire.

Last edited:
No worries. May well just be me. Maybe I'm just getting slow in my old age. Definitely interested to know if anyone else takes a couple of attempts or they always get it first time.

The trigger reaction time is incredible. Never had a mod where I couldn't press and release the fire button fast enough for it not to fire.
I havnt had a problem with it just gotta be quick I suppose [emoji106]

I have had issues turning the wee vim on and off but in all honesty it has always turned on and off in the end and I feel it’s me that I click to fast...I’m only remarking as I saw it posted above as it’s not an issue..I do have a dodgy hand so it’s an issue with me I believe plus I’m impatient..
Been using the wee vim everyday and giving it a jolly good bashing I must say and performs great

Yup its actually 2.3 or something and we say 2 seconds in the manual

I just want to say @JAC Vapour I think its fantastic what you're doing. Beta testing in a real world scenario is a new one on me and a very, very generous way of you going about things.

Big props.:2thumbsup:

I have had issues turning the wee vim on and off but in all honesty it has always turned on and off in the end and I feel it’s me that I click to fast...I’m only remarking as I saw it posted above as it’s not an issue..I do have a dodgy hand so it’s an issue with me I believe plus I’m impatient..
Been using the wee vim everyday and giving it a jolly good bashing I must say and performs great

There could be the button mould issue associated. When we got the first batch of buttons back for both the wee VIM and VIM, the tolerances were wrong. So we had to go through and hand select 500 buttons to match the casing well, basically, handpick the buttons to fit the bodies, so we could get 1000 working devices of each. We then binned the rest and adjusted the moulds to have more tolerance. So all the devices we were testing, plus the reviewer devices were this hand-picked lot. The wee VIM was definitely worse affected than the normal VIM, my wee VIM sometimes catches and doesn't register clicks when pushed quickly and therefore occasionally takes a few go's to unlock or lock, which sounds similar to yours and a few others reported it in testing. I am confident the mould adjustment will have fixed that though, and won't be present in retail units, same goes for the connector issues, we used a harder shore of silicone for the base connector and increased the spring strength, this should prevent the connectors misaligning (tipping over - a problem on the wee VIM) and also stop them jamming in (a problem on the VIM), we also then adjusted the thickness of the negative connector outer ring on the base of the VIM tank, to allow for a bit more variation and still connect. We've also had a few reports of certain liquids not liking the tank, we have about 5 in total and we've now sold about 20K, but I suspect this will increase so we are currently designing an upgraded PEI tank option. Also a small proportion of users (4 reports so far) seem to vape in a way that can overheat the device and warp the tank, basically it heats up to jigger the pushfit, then the bottom just falls off the tank. The device is tested 6second draw wait 10 secs then another 6second draw and wait 10, and so on, for 4 hours straight and we cannot recreate the issue until we drop the draw rest to about 2seconds, and increase draw to 8 secs, so that a pretty full on vaper in my eyes, but the PEI version will allow that sort of use.

Sorry, basically went into a bit of a long winded report on known faults we have addressed and fixed due to the testing and initial sales, the reality is I think these issues will only affect a very small proportion of the VIM userbase, but we were still able to improve the device thanks to the testing, and get a heap of ideas for future iterations. The 2 top issues were actually the colour, which most liked, but found it impractical, so the Slate version will be arriving in around 3 weeks hopefully and address that, we knew the white was a risk for launch colour, but we wanted the device to stand out. The other issue is the airflow, I don't think anybody was particularly keen on it, although most were prepared to accept it is what is, the perspective being, most other pod style devices have no airflow at all, that being said we will look at another solution for the VIM 2 : )

Back
Top Bottom