What's new

WANTED: People for testing our new device

OK, so new unit arrived today. Thanks @JAC Vapour.

It was the pin that was faulty after the drop. But it wasn't one, it was both. Looking at the new unit the two pins both stick up pretty high. On the unit I dropped (which landed on the drip tip) both pins were fully depressed and stuck in that position. They must have got damaged and bent or something because I spent the 2 mile walk home trying to press them in and out. They never came out anywhere near as far as they are on the new unit. Which also explains why it fired intermittently whilst I pressed the tank down and fired the mod simultaneously.

May have been able to fix it if I hadn't screwed up and sent it into autofire mode. Will never know now as disposed of it yesterday so can no longer mess about with the pins.

I suspect you've been unlucky, and the drop has done something to the spring(s). we've had a few units with connectors that have stuck in, so we've actually increased the strength of the spring used in the next batch. The spring is basically a sealed unit, so once they go you wouldn't have been able to fix it. You could have pulled them out, but I suspect they would just stick in again as soon as you replaced the tank. If I had to guess the bump mis aligned something and the spring is no longer forcing the pin up.... pretty unlucky if it happened in both, but your day sounds like it was on that sort of a roll

I suspect you've been unlucky, and the drop has done something to the spring(s). we've had a few units with connectors that have stuck in, so we've actually increased the strength of the spring used in the next batch. The spring is basically a sealed unit, so once they go you wouldn't have been able to fix it. You could have pulled them out, but I suspect they would just stick in again as soon as you replaced the tank. If I had to guess the bump mis aligned something and the spring is no longer forcing the pin up.... pretty unlucky if it happened in both, but your day sounds like it was on that sort of a roll
Don't doubt it for a second. If there was bad luck to be had it was all mine. On the upside I've been told luck balances out across the universe so someone, somewhere was having the time of their life! :18:

Hi Andy @JAC Vapour, any news on the drip tip adaptor for the VIM tank. Thanks.

Samples from the order just arrived to me, and they are good, so should be going up in the next hour on the store, I like a wide tip.

upload_2018-8-10_10-56-31.png

@JAC Vapour Hi just tried the new 1.5 ohm s-coil in the wee vim..
Most excellent vape..lovely and smooth nice vapour and flavour and very quite..
Really pleased and glad they became available..Wee vim now my full time pocket mod for out the house..

One more thing please..does any of the vim stuff fit the wee vim like the 510 adaptation or the mouthpieces.?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Great thanks Andy. I’ll get one ordered. My preference is Nauti 2 drip tip on nearly everything.

Hi Andy, is that the same as the S17 drip tip adaptor. Only one I can find on the site. Your pic looks the same. Thank you.

Hi Andy, is that the same as the S17 drip tip adaptor. Only one I can find on the site. Your pic looks the same. Thank you.

No it's different, the listing is here in the VIM tank section: https://www.jacvapour.com/vim-510-adapter

It basically does the same thing though, but it's a different thread, we did try and keep them the same but it juts wasn't going to work with the sizes we had to work with on the VIM.

Back
Top Bottom