What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

WANTED: People for testing our new device

@JAC Vapour What is the airflow on the wee compared to the VIM? The VIM is 1.4mm with bung and 2mm without, right? And the Wee?

Glad to see you respond to reviews left on the website.

I do all the reviews, and I always like to respond when a customer has an issue, the forums and that keep me in the loop of things, or patterns with the products. I also can't not put a review up whether good or bad, I think reviews are pointless for helping people making decisions unless they see the whole picture, so every review we get goes up, we have had some very funny ones over the years, normally to do with liquid.

I do all the reviews, and I always like to respond when a customer has an issue, the forums and that keep me in the loop of things, or patterns with the products. I also can't not put a review up whether good or bad, I think reviews are pointless for helping people making decisions unless they see the whole picture, so every review we get goes up, we have had some very funny ones over the years, normally to do with liquid.
Well from a consumer perspective it shows that you care and take the time. Something many vendors neglect to do. It would certainly influence my decision in a positive way to purchase an item despite seeing potentially negative feedback.

Got my WeeVIM this morning so have been busy for the last hour or so, trying the various coil combinations.

Can you remind me @JAC Vapour, where we can find your form for comments etc.

Initial thoughts.

Good looking, super light weight, simple to use device which was easy to get up and running in minutes using supplied instruction leaflet. Primed and filled up with some homebrew Desert ship tobacco 60/40 vg/pg 12mg liquid using the 1.0 ohm MTL S-coil supplied with the tank. MTL is super loose compared to my preferred MTL setup but that is probably a good thing for a new vaper (When I first started on ego style cigalikes I was very quickly annoyed by the overly tight draw on these devices and would definitely have preferred the draw on the WeeVIM)

I have found myself taking short mega-restricted, DTL draws from it, to get satisfaction, but this would be due to my preference for a much tighter draw when vaping MTL.

Issues.

The WeeVIM states on the bottom, min .9 ohm but you've sent me .7 ohm coils so I assume the statement on the device is incorrect. Manual also states min resistance is 1.0 ohm (Guess this was all done before your turbo coils were created)

The supplied tank had a 1.0 ohm S-coil pre fitted which had 4 air holes at the bottom. The 5 pack of 1.0 ohm S-coils only had 2 air holes at the bottom. They didn't vape any different but it had me wondering why the difference?

Looks like a very short USB cable but I use my own anyway so not an issue for me.

Would love to be able to restrict the draw somehow but appreciate this is a budget device.

Pros

Price !
Amazingly small and light.
Looks great.
Easy to use
Easy to setup
Easy to refill

If I was back at the beginning of my vaping journey, I believe this would have definitely got me off the cigarettes.

I'll put the form up in the next hour or so. Don't worry about the 0.9ohm, it was originally designed for the 1.0ohm coil, but I changed the wiring in this batch when I realised the board is good for 0.6 ohm, so I wanted to see how it runs with the 0.7ohm coil, that's what a lot of this test is about. The 0.7ohm coil should be well within limits as it'll actually run at above 0.7ohm as heats up due to the coil being TC, so most of the time the coil will be running at slightly above 0.8ohm. The only thing that will happen is you'll go through battery life quicker, and it'll cutout basically as soon as the device hits red. The draw should firm up as you it for a few days I think, but it will be looser than the 1.5mm bore and below that some like, it's a 2mm bore that'll reduce to around a 1.8mm feel after a day or so. The usb is a bit short, I tend to agree. The airholes in the tank should be 2 on the MT and the packs, 4 is not necessary, are you sure you got 4 on the tank?

@JAC Vapour What is the airflow on the wee compared to the VIM? The VIM is 1.4mm with bung and 2mm without, right? And the Wee?

The wee is effectively wide open and airflow is governed by the coil....so think as simple as it gets, the airflow comes from around the window, on the VIM we use a extra seal and channels to direct the airflow downwards through the device.

Well from a consumer perspective it shows that you care and take the time. Something many vendors neglect to do. It would certainly influence my decision in a positive way to purchase an item despite seeing potentially negative feedback.

If a device is good it will show in the reviews, there will always be some people that don't agree, when I see sites that only have 4 static reviews of a device alarm bells go, particularly if they are all shinning hand picked examples. If you make something you have to accept that some people are not going to like it, and I am comfortable with that and it being public, I think most people can filter the good from the bad and what relates to their needs and what doesn't, I have confidence in our devices that the reviews will reflect the quality of the device, and in most part the person it's aimed at.

Back
Top Bottom