What's new

Joyetech AA Battery Mod!

The coil inside is the same as the eGo AIO ECO (0.5ohm). Using rechargeable Ni-Mh batteries would provide a decent battery life. If you were to use standard supermarket alkaline batteries the lifespan would be lower. It takes two AA batteries and outputs at 1.85V, which would provide the coil with roughly 7-8W of power, just like the AIO ECO :)

spangly finish aside ..... I think it's really interesting. I know the joyetech eco technology works and rechargeable AA's are inexpensive and common.

I'd be much happier giving this to a new vaper, especially an older person like my Mum or Uncle knowing they only have to deal with AA's rather than 18650's. ..... I think a more mature sophisticated look would have been better though. (but I'm thinking that about 95% of stuff these days)

Stupid name though, but interesting all the same.

I keep meaning to get one of those Eco AIOS, £12 off off Amazon's got to be worth a punt based on @simong's experience.

spangly finish aside ..... I think it's really interesting. I know the joyetech eco technology works and rechargeable AA's are inexpensive and common.

I'd be much happier giving this to a new vaper, especially an older person like my Mum or Uncle knowing they only have to deal with AA's rather than 18650's. ..... I think a more mature sophisticated look would have been better though. (but I'm thinking that about 95% of stuff these days)

Yes the ECO really does work a treat and this unit will give exactly the same experience, just with a much safer power source. I agree it is great for new vapers (and I have been asked before if ecigs do actually take AA batteries :D) to make that switch over. I think there is definitely something here and we have not seen the last of units like this from Joyetech :)

Outputs 1.85v on a 0.5ohm coil... so that would be 6.845watts and 3.7amps... really low power consumption.
I agree that it could be a great kit for beginners because it uses a safe battery tech that they're going to be familiar with and is easily available.

I had a feeling we'd be heading this way when you got the eco. Can only be a positive thing for smoking cessation going forward.
A lot less frightening than the AA powered eleaf clones we where seeing in poundland a few years back, lol.

I had a feeling we'd be heading this way when you got the eco. Can only be a positive thing for smoking cessation going forward.
A lot less frightening than the AA powered eleaf clones we where seeing in poundland a few years back, lol.

lol, I didn't see those.... thankfully. :D

It's always seemed a bit odd to me that we are using cells in our devices that aren't even supposed to be commercially available and are supposed to used in a sealed powerpack. I understand that they are necessary in a mech but for regulated devices you'd think that board technology could enable us to use something a lot less powerful..... I mean we are only heating a little bit of resistance wire in a low power MTL device. I was expecting someone to make a board that could run off a little 9V PP3 type battery, you'd think that would be possible.

I think if this takes off and becomes very popular, there will be much more research made into making e-cigs using safer battery types in future. I agree the 9V battery has a lot of potential, as long as the effort is put into making it work efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom