What's new

Custom drip tips - £10 posted.

Love the look of some of these tips Lee. Really want to order one, however i use a wasp nano mostly so have no need for a tip.

Tempted to drop my nano and use the athena just so i can order a tip from you.

Thank you mate! We may have some caps up for the wasp nanos soon! I’m testing out a design on the weekend, I have made a 3D printed cap that I plan to make a mould of! Hopefully it works [emoji23]

Thank you mate! We may have some caps up for the wasp nanos soon! I’m testing out a design on the weekend, I have made a 3D printed cap that I plan to make a mould of! Hopefully it works [emoji23]
Oooohhhh intresting. Il keep an eye on this thread for some pics then

Oooohhhh intresting. Il keep an eye on this thread for some pics then

No probs, quite a list accumulating now for the caps! I’ll tag you in too when I have some pictures to post, if it works [emoji23]

@Lee Just so you know, I'm going to sit tight for a bit and see what you come up with - I like what you're doing but will wait until Si's comes out and more colours and blanks materialise, if that's OK? :)

And empty your sodding inbox ........ :P

@Lee Just so you know, I'm going to sit tight for a bit and see what you come up with - I like what you're doing but will wait until Si's comes out and more colours and blanks materialise, if that's OK? [emoji4]

And empty your sodding inbox ........ [emoji14]

Yeah no worries mate, I haven’t played around with any colours as of yet for Simon but I have made a test blank today to see how the pastel colours came out.

Will post some pictures up shortly [emoji16]

I empty my inbox and then it fills up again [emoji23]

Ok then, today I have been running around like a lunatic!

I did however manage to pour a test mould for @Simon G Corolla ring. Now, this isn’t for sale - it’s kind of a prototype for me to keep hold of for my reference. I was going I make it in just clear resin but me and Simon have spoken about his colour choices and he’s a fan of pastel colours. To be honest I wasn’t sure how to make such a colour with resin, thought I’d throw some purple and white together from the “stardust” pigments and pour it into this mould, see how i turns out.

I mixed up slightly more than needed and made a tip blank from it too, if anyone wants a tip off the blank that’s fine! You’re more than welcome to one :)

I think it’s went pretty well, the pastel colours are exactly that, kind of looks like a chalky stone effect - not gloss. They won’t polish to a gloss finish.

I did attempt to swirl the resin in the ring mould but unfortunately the amazon guy turned up just as I was pouring it with some drill bits, time I came back it was setting. So please ignore the lack of swirls on the ring!

Here they are poured into the Moulds going into the pressure pot under 40PSI of pressure to remove the air bubbles.

IMG_4499.jpg

Here is the result of the blank...

IMG_4500.jpg

Here is the ring prototype in the lathe ready to be cut, drilled and sanded...

IMG_4501.jpg

Here is me having a beer at 2pm [emoji28][emoji28]

IMG_4502.jpg

Here is the ring after being finished...

IMG_4504.jpg
IMG_4505.jpg

All in all, I’m happy with the outcome of this and now comes the fun part, making a final pour of simons favourite colours.

If you would like your own tip, custom mould, custom resin mix, atty stands, billet box buttons, custom squonker buttons or anything else you can think of.... drop me a line and I’ll be sure to sort you out! Prices are a tenner for most items, sets £18....

Pretty cool isn’t it?! Looking forward to mixing the colours now mate. What are your thoughts on the pastel colours? Should we go with that or a gloss? Looks kind of classy in the pastel doesn’t it?

for sure, nobody want's glossy ice cream!

I think it's going to look perfect.

... after the neapoliton, I think I need mint chocolate swirl in my life. :)

Back
Top Bottom