What's new

showcasing "Elmen" a 21700 dna75 engraved mod failed quality control....

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this is a post to show the ups and downs of modmaking

DVD

The negotiator

“I once talked a guy out of blowing up the Sears Tower but I can't talk my wife out of the bedroom or my kid off the phone.”

never been keen on elm its know as coffin wood and Im superstitious over the stuff its is very powdery hardwood when cut

alfIMG_5609.jpeg

engraving the plate on the cnc on this occasion

alfIMG_5699.jpeg

plate done

alfIMG_5702.jpeg

buttons done

add the bits and fail

alfIMG_5705.jpeg
alfIMG_5706.jpeg
alfIMG_5707.jpeg
alfIMG_5708.jpeg

the mod has inclusions on the side so the mod was rejected I had the choice of doing 2 things either strip and smash (terry was up for this he wanted some target practice for his new toad Glock 17) or sell it at a reduced price

in the end, the mod is going out just above cost modmaking has its ups and downs I'm glad at least someone will enjoy a cheaper mod but I should have known better than use coffin wood

love my rejects then like them buy one cheap......

That's a shame Stu. Glad it's got a home though.

I like it, nothing wrong with a couple of little imperfections. It's hand made, after all [emoji1303]

@vapesmarter, will you have a section on your website for the mods you're not happy with? If customers know that they are "seconds" and still want to buy them, that can only be good for business, no? And you would cut your losses by a fair bit I would imagine.

Looks amazing to me. Must say I agree with Banjostring a seconds section would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom