What's new

rollback thursday steel punk slug mech revamp

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
in october 2017 when i was starting my journey this landed on the mat

so sit back and have a vape plus there is a review by sam (vaping Bogan)

this is a steel punk slug that our fellow ape @rawhead sent me

its a normal mech mod with a crappy 510 that had failed it also had a crappy trigger spring and a plastic bottom cap he needs these items fixed

so in between jobs I did a revamp

I suspect judging by the specs the slug even though it is said to be a clone is, in fact, the real deal but has had some crappy parts so they can reduce the costs and sell off the surplus just a theory....

on the DVD whilst doing this was

"payback"

[Porter is asking Rosie about Resnick's whereabouts]
Rosie: How strong are you, Porter? Personally, I think you are the strongest man I have ever met. But I wonder if it's enough.
Porter: For what?
Rosie: If I know you, you want this Resnick guy for something he won't like.
Porter: Yeah, I'm gonna kill him.
Rosie: That's something he won't like.

img_3837-jpg.141797

so first thing is to junk that crappy plastic 510 and fit a spring-loaded fat daddy brass one milled out the hole lathed off a few thou so it fits flat

img_3838-jpg.141796

pre-polished parts the caps are cast pieces, then by the looks of it are shaped/milled to fit the wood I thought at first was teak but it looks to be mahogany which in its self is not cheap stuff all the parts need a polish to bring them up not your Brasso type a real polish on mop sateen first then grease then rouge to give us

img_3839-jpg.141798

img_3840-jpg.141800

I would have polished to a mirror finish but I saw a problem the mod is numbered "203" and is engraved on the front so why engrave a clone? to hit it harder on the mop would remove or "drag the engraving

4000 grit on the wood then waxed with beeswax and buffed up

I provided 2 springs, a soft and a hard the mod hits quite hard now and any tank will fit

however, the plastic battery cap I couldn't fix it is an oddball size it looks like its inches with a metric thread but in time i will have the kit to do this

so there you have it a slug revamp....done

so if you love my mods then like them follow me.....buy one

Back
Top Bottom