What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

new kit in the workshop

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
hateful heavy thing machinery is but

my small miller is getting on, not wanting to part with him I've purchased a new miller they sit next to each other the new miller I've called gorge he likes his new home and has puffed his chest out bless him

alfIMG_7971.JPG

a big heavy box

alfIMG_7972.JPG

tricky things to lift these very heavy with an engine host and a lot of swearing i managed to shift him

alfIMG_7975.JPG

George is in his new home

alfIMG_7977.JPG

all three in a row now to sort a dro out for george, I use all the millers for different tasks

Is that a 20v?

it is

I normally use warco tools but they have no stock so I have got a mid-range miller from Chester rather than use my big wm18 miller. the wm18 is good but it's very powerful after I upgraded the motor and fitted a feed to it for fine work

I really must get my milling machine finished one day - preferably soon.

Problem is that to finish the mill I have to finish the lathe, and to finish the lathe I have to finish the shed, and to finish the shed I have to check what else the wife has put on the "higher priority than the shed" list :/

I really must get my milling machine finished one day - preferably soon.

Problem is that to finish the mill I have to finish the lathe, and to finish the lathe I have to finish the shed, and to finish the shed I have to check what else the wife has put on the "higher priority than the shed" list :/

I know that feeling

I converted my lathe to 3 phase using an inverter to test such extravagance I switched it on with a broom handle in one hand and the other hand over the "queens jewels" just in case this was after a week of making and fitting new pulleys to the lathes motor without using a lathe as it was in bits...

I know that feeling

I converted my lathe to 3 phase using an inverter to test such extravagance I switched it on with a broom handle in one hand and the other hand over the "queens jewels" just in case this was after a week of making and fitting new pulleys to the lathes motor without using a lathe as it was in bits...

That's similar to what I've (nearly) done - 3 phase with a vfd.

I got it all fabbed up and installed, then found a newer, lighter motor (lighter is better for this application) - different frame so different mount required...

Having a little experience with motors though my testing setup involved holding the vfd controls in one hand, other hand on the breaker, one foot holding the motor on the floor to stop it spinning into next door's conservatory in case it started faster than expected.

Machines are alway fun, honest ;)

Things must be moving in the right direction for you Stu with all that new kit.

Back
Top Bottom