What's new

www.shopec.co.uk buying experience - Avocado 24mm

bhoot

Postman
Hello Peoples,

So I decided to buy an Avocado 24mm tank. Found shopec.co.uk website. Bought the tank, got it delivered. While taking the tank apart the 510 pin broke off. I sent the Avocado back after using the website for an RMA request - as told by when I called them. Shopec offered to replace the pin, which was fine with me.
The tank arrived on Saturday, 25th May today, decided to give the tank a go. Opened it and foud that is smelled of e-juice, bearing in mind I had never even coiled the tank I found this strange, so gave them a call and was told 'the person fixing the tank also builds coils and juice may have come from there'. Now the tank, the box, the spare o rings, the spare glass tank, the screw tool, the box itself and the tank completely stunk of e juice. I've had to dismantle the tank and alchol bathe it as water wash was not clearing the smell. The o rings on the tank - every single piece stank of e juice so had to clean literally the entire tank and its spare parts, junk the entire box and even the plastic bags, etc.

Ordering and replacement agreement was great, but this place is not somewhere I buy again. The tank came back in a completely crappy stinking state and I've had to spent time getting is sorted out. Why they could not use clean hands is beyound me.

Lost an extremely unhappy customer, I already had stuff to get on with but with the everything I touched being infected with the crappy e juice smell, I had to clean the entire situation up before it spread.

I've retuned items a few times before for whatever reason and the never had an issue with the return item.

I just thought I'd write my comments in case someone considers buying from here, I did and regret it. If I had the option of spending over an hour getting rid of this smell from me or buying a new tank, I'd chose a new avocado 24 everytime, simply not interested in cleaning up after what is meant to be customer service.

Please note, I've bought and returned items from sites such are cremedevape/cloud9vaping, ecigone, myepack to name a few (over the years) and never had an issue. Must admit, cremedevape also helped me out with kayfun v4 opening issue and have always been more than excellent.

Do as you wish, this is just my experience May 2016.

Update: drip tip adapter is also missing. It was there when I recieved the tank initially brand new and when I returned it, not on return.

Update 2: Finally got it coiled with single fused clapton at 0.43ohms. Works fine, short wick is working suprisingly well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom