What's new

What is your perfect Sunday?

Not this Sunday [emoji30][emoji31]. Been getting over man flu and the wife promised me a lay in this morning as I’m returning to work tomorrow. But as usual I was up at half five with the 4 month old then the two year old joined us at six. About eleven the wife thought she would make an appearance saying “you should have woke me earlier”. Quick bath then off to do the shopping. Came back to the mother in law visiting and they are saying how the youngest looks too big for the mosses basket. Anyway 2 hours of flat pack and a bastard of a job getting the wardrobe over the bed and we now have a cot fully equipped with light projector mobile in our bedroom. But every cloud has its silver lining at least me and the youngest are no longer sleeping in the front room [emoji51]

I feel for you am suffering the Man flu right now!

PS if your wife thinks it nonsense show her this!
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ists-men-report-research-health-a7473821.html

Sounds like everyone sunday is pretty much the same.... DO nothing and drinks endless amount of caffiene. Sounds good to me!

Get up, coffee, more coffee, walk the dogs, breakfast with wife and daughter, a few hours hitting hot metal with heavy metal against heavier metal, roast some meat, eat said meat with a pile of veggies, gravy and yorkies, a couple of glasses of vino and bed with my book.

I'm a simple soul really.

The ideal perfect Sunday for me would be
No hangover (never happens)
No kids waking me at 6am meaning lie in till 10 or 11am
Nothing to do but laze and Vape
Night watching films
Just a general lazy day would be tops!

I'll second no hangover.

Bacon sarnies.
Sunshine.
Off to Fife to run down a drag strip over and over for a few hours, have a laugh and a dodgy burger.
Home for beer, wine and a decent carbonara.
Sleep.
Bank holiday Monday.

My weekends are pretty quiet nowadays, particularly Sundays.

Typical Sunday.

No alarm set, so wake up when my body feels like it, anywhere between 10:00, and mid day.
Get out of bed when I feel like it.
Missus, and daughter have usually gone out by now, to visit one of the hundred or so inlaw's.
Sit on the sofa for a while in my pants.
Have a beer, plenty in stock, I make sure I have plenty in, so don't need to leave the house.
Have some smokes, or vape sessions, no one around to complain.
Bliss, total bliss, peace quiet, and the freedom to chill / slob out by myself.

Once a month or so, I do venture out to the local for an hour for a lovely roast dinner, I usually opt for the pork, bargain at £9.95.

Back
Top Bottom