What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The New Chinese Range

Ben fogstar

Premium Vendor
I thought I'd update you apes on what I've been up to the last couple of weeks.

Shenzhen is the centre of the battery world. Most cells aren't manufactured here, but there's a few secret facilities by the big names. But it's where most, if not all rewrap companies reside. When all these companies found a new 20700 cell (Vapcell/Efest/Ebat/Efan/AWT) that outperformed the M*licell, VTC5A etc. I had a choice to make. I either stock one of the re-wraps, or I try and find the source. (I actually ended up stocking the Vapcell as it was the most accurately rated one, anyway!..).

But off I went to China, with no idea what I was doing or where I was going. The first few days all I hit was dead ends - visiting a few factories that I thought may produce the cell only to find crappy 20A versions. I asked all the companies that stocked them, and nobody would even give me a hint (of course they wouldn't).

The last few days I enlisted the help of a super special secret agent. I managed to find a factory the day before leaving Shenzhen. What I found was actually more than I was looking for. I found the new 20700 30A cell, the new 24A 21700 cell and the best performing 26650 I have tested so far.

I'm at risk here of being cut off by the re-wrap companies, they will refuse (I imagine) to continue selling me re-wraps if I'm going to blow the whole thing open......but Meh!

The new Fogstar Chinese range is coming. Just as an example - We're talking £6.49 before discounts on the 20700's. Which may land them around £5 per piece. Without the re-wrap fees to pay. We're looking at some great deals!

Hopefully should be within the next 2-3 weeks :)

Thanks Apes!

Nice one!

Always risky talking to the head of the dragon rather that the tail, but seems like big saving to be had

Well done BenSon

I thought I'd update you apes on what I've been up to the last couple of weeks.

Shenzhen is the centre of the battery world. Most cells aren't manufactured here, but there's a few secret facilities by the big names. But it's where most, if not all rewrap companies reside. When all these companies found a new 20700 cell (Vapcell/Efest/Ebat/Efan/AWT) that outperformed the M*licell, VTC5A etc. I had a choice to make. I either stock one of the re-wraps, or I try and find the source. (I actually ended up stocking the Vapcell as it was the most accurately rated one, anyway!..).

But off I went to China, with no idea what I was doing or where I was going. The first few days all I hit was dead ends - visiting a few factories that I thought may produce the cell only to find crappy 20A versions. I asked all the companies that stocked them, and nobody would even give me a hint (of course they wouldn't).

The last few days I enlisted the help of a super special secret agent. I managed to find a factory the day before leaving Shenzhen. What I found was actually more than I was looking for. I found the new 20700 30A cell, the new 24A 21700 cell and the best performing 26650 I have tested so far.

I'm at risk here of being cut off by the re-wrap companies, they will refuse (I imagine) to continue selling me re-wraps if I'm going to blow the whole thing open......but Meh!

The new Fogstar Chinese range is coming. Just as an example - We're talking £6.49 before discounts on the 20700's. Which may land them around £5 per piece. Without the re-wrap fees to pay. We're looking at some great deals!

Hopefully should be within the next 2-3 weeks :)

Thanks Apes!
Ben, Just catching up on battery gossip and found this... How's things progressing on sourcing these directly and prices dropping?

Back
Top Bottom