What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review of our range by Martyn Parker

Cotswold Vapour

Premium Vendor
The esteemed Mr. Parker has kindly posted a detailed review of our current range, the full video can be found here.

He provided some really useful feedback on our products, and mentioned all of our juices favourably, with feedback echoing a lot of comments we have recieved from customers on this forum and elsewhere.

His main criticism being that while our flavours are good, they didn't necessarily match the flavour descriptions we provide as closely as he would have liked. We are now considering revising our flavour descriptions, and we would be very interested to hear from those of you who have tried our juices if you agree with Martyns observations, and if not, what our juices represent to your palette.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Firstly I wish you every success with your juices and hope you exceed all your expectations but I would find it physically and mentally too stressful to watch a video with that bellend Martyn Parker in it..

All I could see was this...
image.jpg

You should send your eliquids along to @2minvapereviews you will get a much more indepth review in 2mins, than what ever he said in 20mins.

I'm now perversely tempted to watch this though I can't say I relish watching any youtube reviews by anyone of anything.
Vapers are a very diverse bunch of people (ones I know certainly are!) so any vape related reviews written or taped always seem to be very subjective.
I already gave you feedback on the names but when it comes to descriptions it's very tricky, Depending on mood, what I've just eaten or drunk and/or what else I'm vaping and which set up I'm using I will "get" different things from any juice. Sometimes I just enjoy a vape and I don't want to analyse elements of a blend. Very important is consistency and ready to vape without having to steep and @Cotswold Vapour ticks those boxes :-)

Let's not turn this into a criticism of Martyn Parker. You are entitled to have your views on his style etc of course. He does have 9500+ subscribers so he is doing something right (more subscribers than Vaping with Vic for example, not that it matters). I met the guy once. He's alright actually. He knows he goes on a bit and his way of doing things isn't for everyone but as I said he has his fans. There are other threads to discuss reviewers.

If you don't wish to assist the OP then it's probably not helpful to derail the thread ;)

To the OP I have tried all of these flavours last week and enjoyed them all. I don't have much to add though I share a little disappointment. For example the Flapjack was very nice, but it wasn't 'flapjacky' enough for me

Fair points. There's the thing. I love Golden Flapjack and I haven't eaten a flapjack in years so I would question (and have told Stu this) the naming. Precise namings are not always a good idea in case someone is disappointed. More abstract names I think are better and then provide clues or descriptions. I will try to do that because OP is asking for feedback which is great!

I've only tried Super Bowl and to me it tasted like a traditional cereal vape with a marshmallow finish. I got exactly what i thought I was buying in this case. I like Martyn P's reviews but I personally disagree with him on this one.

The problem lies with the individuals perception and juice tastes, different equipment used to try a juice and the different builds and temperatures used when trying a juice. All of these variables come together to form your own opinion on if somethings nice or not, or wether you think it tastes of strawberry or raspberry, milky or creamy etc. There's certainly no right or wrong. This is where reviews fall down I'm afraid. It's too easy for people to confuse one persons own experience based on the factors I've already mentioned with there own individual requirements to what make something great for them.

The problem is, if you start trying to change things to suit everybody you'll find its a thankless task, You just can't please everybody all of the time, which isn't a bad thing at all (it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing). You've just got to please some of the people most of the time [emoji1]

I've only tried Super Bowl and to me it tasted like a traditional cereal vape with a marshmallow finish. I got exactly what i thought I was buying in this case. I like Martyn P's reviews but I personally disagree with him on this one.

The problem lies with the individuals perception and juice tastes, different equipment used to try a juice and the different builds and temperatures used when trying a juice. All of these variables come together to form your own opinion on if somethings nice or not, or wether you think it tastes of strawberry or raspberry, milky or creamy etc. There's certainly no right or wrong. This is where reviews fall down I'm afraid. It's too easy for people to confuse one persons own experience based on the factors I've already mentioned with there own individual requirements to what make something great for them.

The problem is, if you start trying to change things to suit everybody you'll find its a thankless task, You just can't please everybody all of the time, which isn't a bad thing at all (it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing). You've just got to please some of the people most of the time [emoji1]
Spot on!

Back
Top Bottom